CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

in reply to affinityXX

*whispers* this other guy has tunnel vision...

Level 2

in reply to Lalo671

I think it's really getting off subject, the music is problem. Explosions, trains, and stuff are part of the stage, that's fine if you just have to adjust to sounds from your realistic environment, but its the silly music and gay announcements that are the most annoying part. Think about it, let's say you just started playing, Level 1 everything, used the eraser for example like I did a couple times, so you are already good. Those first few matches all you hear are guitars and announcers screaming in your ears even with the music turned off. Every time you level anything up or unlock something new it plays some crazy little tune anyway, and every single score streak gets announced to you both when you get it and when you call it in, not to mention all the cheesy medallions and stars popping up covering up your screen. So, if you get like 50 to 80 kills you have to hear that over and over like a broken record. I often get so many level ups and streaks that these non-realistic sounds and images get queued up since they can't play on top of each other, then all I hear is guitars, announcements, rewards until it gets clogged all up, both sound and images. If that doesn't kill you then the lag caused by all this extra junk will. Plus, if your announcements get queued then the enemies announcement won't play until after your own can finish, so if somebody on the other team calls in a missile you won't even know about it until it's already blown you up.

I don't think they would create a game with true surround sound using variable location/material environment modifications then add custom COD 7.1 earphones if all they intended was for you to hear was cheap sound effects or for you to mute the game to make it playable. The game should just be easier to play with sound and not totally annoying.

The same goes for MICs. If I say MUTE ALL BUT FRIENDS in a lobby then I want everyone else muted all the time. When someone else pops in that I don't know and don't want to hear (country or rap music, foreign babbling) it doesn't make sense that I have to keep bringing up the menu over and over to mute them one-by-one as each person falls in and out of the lobby, plus hear them on all my friends mics re-verb too until we can all stop and hit mute. It makes me so sick I often just quit. 'Mute all but friends' should be an in-game option rather than an in-lobby option that stays on all the time.

Level 5

in reply to TinyLittleTimmy2

The mute all feature is a run once and done feature. It does not monitor the game for new joins. It is a simple switch that when clicked once works once. Not a constantly running task.

There is a simple solution set your console settings to friends only in privacy.. problem solved. Or create a party and make it friends only accessible again problem solved. No extra needed task running just so you don't have to do anything else ever again and just be lazy about it.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

You can't set your console to friends only in privacy inside of the game, maybe you can turn off invites and mics outside of the game on an xbox but that has nothing to do with in the game chat feature.

Level 5

You can set your privacy to friends only and it will block everyone else in chat. I know this for fact. I have done it before. Not while in the game no; but can be done before starting the game. And yes it does have an effect on the in game chat feature. Once your privacy is set to friends only on the xbox you will not hear anyone in game ever.

Level 70

Well that's great for you, for me however I've got 100 members in my clan, these are different from my 100 friends, which allows me the option to play with up to 200 people at any given time and I'd like to hear all of them when they fall into my lobby rather than kill them a few times before I notice their gamer-tag.

This has nothing to do with console settings anyway, just in-game options that should be added. So I guess really the checkbox "In-game" option should "read mute all but friends list" and another that says "mute all but clan roster".

I have the entire series for both xbox and playstation, and several consoles of each, but rarely play on xbox, it's pretty much dead now since you have to pay for gold to play the game, so I could really care less about that platform, not to mention Ghosts clans will be cross platform so in-game options are becoming much more relevant than console settings in this next generation of games.

Level 5

Well with the new console you will be able to have 1000 friends on your list so everyone in your clan could be added to your list at that point. So still no new needed feature to be added.

Level 70

[Removed by Moderator]

Level 1

in reply to remixOG

Please refrain from posting if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to TopFighter

Dear Mr Moderator, can you do anything about the lame useless music blasting in my ears constantly in ghosts? Does Activision listen to the voice of the customer? Is there a better way for the customer to be heard? Look at all the posts on your forums asking for a no music option.

Level 1

Studios