Completing the Squads Mode Experience

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

in reply to Akromedo

Your last statement is comical. I haven't experienced enough of life? I need to get a job? I'm in my late 30s, have been through a lot more than most, and I work for a Fortune 500 company. You have the sheer audacity say something like that when you are taking statements out of context and accusing someone of lying to you.

This was an interview, not an advertisement. He said nothing about earning items, he only said that your items can be manipulated in both settings and the changes will reflect in both. The fact you assumed something doesn't mean you were lied to. And in the actual advertisement, they made it quite clear as pointed out above.

You said I should get a job... I have a great one. But I wonder who would hire someone who can't get their facts straight? Who would make an uninformed purchase and then blame everyone but himself. Who would buy a game that is traditionally Online that adds a mode with more offline features than ever before and complain because they can't unlock things in that Off-Line Mode.

Get real.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Honestly you sound like someone who can't understand. That other peoples spent their money on the idea that IW made a decent offline experience but they didn't so yes we feel cheated out of our hard earned money. Your hard earned money went to something you wanted but ours did not. We didn't hear what we wanted to hear. We were told something that latter became untrue only after we spent our money. Honestly probably not going to be buying any more IW games. Going to wait until game companies  start appealing to offline gamers again. Yep i have a good job too and I have to correct my boss often because he actually tries to sell lies to customers too. But the customers like me for it because I actually care about their hard earned money. Sorry the end of my last comment wasn't meant to offend it was meant to state that maybe you didn't spend money on the game so the fact that it didn't have what you wanted in it, might not be as bad as someone who did. And if saying you need more life experience is an insult I feel sorry because everyone needs more life experience that's why we are alive. All i was saying was spend some money and not get what you want you will see how we feel. Just because your in your late 30's doesn't mean you can't be wrong Your probably a huge fan of call of duty and don't like it when people say bad about it. I am a fan of video games and I like to get what i paid for because new games are pretty expensive these days.I only bought 4 call of duty games. Call of duty 2, world at war, black ops 2 and ghost. Also I am not saying that it is bad that they added offline features that is good. i am saying that they misled me to think that it had unified system where you could unlock everything in the game by playing squads mode. if you were new to the series you would think exactly as I thought.

Level 1

in reply to Akromedo

Guess what, I waited and did my research and found out about the game before spending my hard-earned money.

Nobody misled you.. you ,misunderstood and assumed an awful lot.

If the Offline was that important, you could have rented, scoped it out, and decided that way. Instead you assumed an awful lot, invested your money, and are now mad at the Devs for something they never said or that you misunderstood.

I am sorry if you feel you were lied to, but you have shown me nothing thus far that convinces me the devs did this to you, but that you assumed an awful lot, took information out of context, and assumed rather than getting the facts.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Well we disagree and that's ok. I just hope in the future they do a better job at telling their customers what is in the game even giving more information would be helpful. I too did a lot of research I bought early witch I probably shouldn't have lol because of the season pass but next time I'll have to wait and see. Anyways besides the watered down squads mode everything else is pretty good. and once again because there is offline bots this game will have infinite replay value.

Level 1

in reply to Akromedo

One thing I definitely agree on is that they NEED to communicate clearly with the community. The amount of leaks and false information out there is outlandish. Folks like you and I get caught up in the hype and the facts get skewed.

In this case for example. He did the interview, great. Gave some good info, but it wasn't clear. Why not do a press release along with the squads announcement with ALL of the details about Squads? This way folks like you can get the facts in a clear, concise form. They'd save themselves so many headaches this way.

Activision Ambassador

I agree they need to communicate to the community more. I think a lot of game companies are afraid that if they communicate to much then a lot of their fan base may not buy it. Also game companies are taking less risks and I think next gen will have much of the same results. I don't blame them for taking less risks thought these games take millions to make if you do something wrong you loose a lot. I think opening up the industry to indie game designers was a major plus. i have seen some pretty good First person shooter indie games that answer to many alternative fps fans needs.

Level 1

Nicedrewishfela you sound like a corp. lawyer.

They also said the game was cross platform. Try playing squads on a ps4, against a ps3 Squad. I wouldn't have wasted my time or money on a ps4, if they would have said you couldn't. I found out tonight after my clan wars bracket ended. In Diamond Division, xbox,  and ps3  where in the same lobbies. But squads was unable to be accomplished.

Us gamers need to quit feeding the mega corp gaming company's, they just want our money.

Level 1

in reply to Akromedo

I agree.  i like the game overall, but I am really P-O'ed about the quality / choice roll-back.  I don't like being dissed.

Level 3

in reply to Akromedo

Apparently squads mode is being phased out because too many people play it and not enough people play MP. If infinity ward were smart they would just fix squads lol I wont play Ghost and many other people will not either if they keep watering down squads and i wont ever buy another call of duty game again.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Akromedo

I think you mean*: If IW were smart they would just fix MP (if that were possible).  *IF* MP worked as smoothly as squads, nobody with an internet connection would play squads, and MP would be an enjoyable experience.

* if that is not what you mean, my apologies... but squads is the new addition. Hard to water down something that never existed before.

Activision Ambassador

Studios