Corner Trapping

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Corner Trapping

Is it against the CoC to trap a player in the corner?

Level 18
28 REPLIES

Re: Corner Trapping

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

That is something best answered by a moderator, i would say yes it is against the spirit of the CoC

Level 67

I'd report it as Exploiting, as they are exploiting an In-Game Mechanic against the spirit of the game.

Another reason Ricochet is a terrible idea in HC.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Nooo-ish. I wouldnt say it's against the CoC, but it's not a nice thing to do. They aren't necessarily breaking any rules, but it is a dick move.

Level 43

So if player A corners player B, Player B reports player A, will there be actions taken? 

Level 18

I would say its in the grey zone, it is a form of griefing. Then again, it's more of a nuisance rather than abuse. IMO its a game and people should relax, but people paid $60 dollars to not have someone trap them so they can't move.

But if someone were to do that to a corner camper, I wouldn't mind at all

Level 25

If you don't mind keeping him in the corner than do it! Other comments are to generous, those who corner sit (constantly) have to come to an understanding that this type of play is frowned upon 

Level 23

I have had this happen a couple times while trying to snipe.  (StoneHaven & White Out) Game starts, run to one corner of the map to snipe as the enemy comes out of their spawn (the castle or off of the ship) and a minute or two later someone comes along and plops down right in front of me pinning me in the corner.  I can't get out from behind him to get a new spot and even though I was there first I guess this was "his/her" spot.  I don't stay there long but it is usually a good place for me to pick up a kill or two.  It is really annoying but I wouldn't consider it an exploit.

I usually don't mind the campers because I will try to use them to an advantage.  Have them watch my back while I snipe the other way or know where they are so I know where the enemy isn't.  I try to find the best way to use the maps and if I am familiar with a player I will try to adjust so as a team we do better. 

*Edited - Included maps and locations*

Level 2

in reply to f1r3dra90n

style="max-width: 1200px; max-height: 900px;"/>

Level 23
Highlighted

It's exploitation. Anything act that prohibits a player from free will is against CoC. Softly trapping the player in a corner, such as hiding around the corner from a know spawn, though aggravating and annoying as Hell, is perfectly fine. It's not your fault that the game made a poor spawn choice. But ADSing the spot or just off the spot enough to encourage the spawner to spawn in that location while still in position to make the immediate kill is wrong and a bannable offense. The player must be able to act upon free will and have the ability to make action (think of it like NFL rules for whether the ball was caught. If the player has maintains possession long enough to make a "football" move then it's a catch. Same goes for spawns, if the spawner can make a CoD like move before getting shot it's ok)

Level 75

Studios