Corner Trapping

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Corner Trapping

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

ill have to admit that i do trap people in infected in the corner in the beginning of the game to be funny when we hide in a group from being first infected but all in good jest lol.

Level 9

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

According to the 2nd paragraph of the Ghosts terms, any behavior that violates the spirit of the game is subject to punishment.  That's a pretty open ended statement which gives them great latitude to do or not do as they please.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-Online-Code-of-Conduct

According to Section 3 of the PSN terms, "you may not abuse or harass others, including stalking behavior."  I would think that corner blocking could be considered harassment.

Sony Entertainment Network

The closest thing that I could find in the Xbox Terms is the first item in Section B.  It's similar to the Sony version.

Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

open ended is right because all of that depends on the eyes of the beholder. spirit of the game can include fun which may be something a corner trapper sees as fun lol.

Level 9

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

According to the 2nd paragraph of the Ghosts terms, any behavior that violates the spirit of the game is subject to punishment.  That's a pretty open ended statement which gives them great latitude to do or not do as they please.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-Online-Cod e-of-Conduct

That is super vague. If someone stomps a lobby or a team manipulates spawns and makes an entire team rage, technically that violates the spirit of the game. Analogous to lopsided Little League games without mercy rule. According to that, playing cleanly but extremely well is punishable?!

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to DocChoi

haha yep once again circumstances and eye of the beholder

Level 9

in reply to DocChoi

Depends on the judge I suppose.  While I doubt anyone would be punished for doing well, how they did so well certainly could cause the hammer to fall.  I'm sure internally IW has more defined rules of what is and isn't punishable but all that we can do is speculate.  Off course they did peel back the curtain a little and tell us that Spawn Killing (not trapping) is bannable.  So we know a little of what those internal rules look like.  Do I think that they would punish a corner trapper? No I don't even though I wish that they would.  However, I have seen a rash of 1 hour bans (including a stat reset) that has popped up this year and I have no idea what is triggering those.  That short of a ban has never existed before that I'm aware of which leads me to think that some annoying behavior that might have gotten glossed over in the past now has consequences.  Maybe just maybe they've decided to finally address the trolling?  But we'll probably never know.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

yeah ive seen people get completely reset for absolutely no reason whatsoever. they were decent players who had played a while and didnt break any rules, no modded lobbies or anything just reset for no reason.

Level 9

in reply to godlyintellect

They did have an update error earlier this year that caused a bunch of false bans but those got reversed at least for those that went through the process of reporting it.  However, in the last couple of weeks I've been seeing a number of 1 hour ban/reset posts go up.  Of course, they all claim innocence but I've only seen one time in the last several years where someone actually admitted to their wrongdoing.  Most of those that post their innocence can't even survive a 5 minute search on their gamertag before the limited resources of our forum sleuths hand them 4 or 5 screenshots of their illicit recent activities that could have easily caused their ban.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

yeah my friend got reset but he was a good sport about it because he took it as a fresh start.

Level 9

Studios