Do you like being able to use any weapon with a ghillie suit?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Do you like being able to use any weapon with a ghillie suit?

With the new Create-a-Soldier you can now use any weapon you wish with a ghillie suit. I've noticed that instead of using them to conceal yourself while sniping a lot of players are choosing to use an AR and hide in bushes or foliage. You can be 100% undetectable on maps like Prison Break or Siege in dozens of locations. But every map has at least a few places where you can lay prone and be invisible. I would imagine a lot of this community doesn't like that. I myself would prefer there to be some sort of trade off because using the ghillie suit doesn't exactly have any disadvantages.  

Level 75
55 REPLIES

Re: Do you like being able to use any weapon with a ghillie suit?

in reply to Ghamorra

I wear it, but I would be perfectly fine with limiting it to sniper/marksman loadouts.  With the current system though, they'd need to let you change soldiers before/during the match, or bind your uniform to your loadout.

Level 29

in reply to Ghamorra

I am getting my 850 kills for use on all my classes since it not only hides people, but visually tricks you into thinking your target is bigger, even though the "to hit" area is the same.  It may be mental, but it seems to take one more bullet to kill.  I think this is because my sights are on the target, but not the person like seen on videos.  I think this is also a huge advantage on top of hiding.

Level 25

in reply to ChiliDog304

Dforums wrote:

I am getting my 850 kills for use on all my classes since it not only hides people, but visually tricks you into thinking your target is bigger, even though the "to hit" area is the same.  It may be mental, but it seems to take one more bullet to kill.  I think this is because my sights are on the target, but not the person like seen on videos.  I think this is also a huge advantage on top of hiding.

Sorry, but your mental in thinking there is an advantage to the suit.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I've been told that...it has nothing to do with the suit though. lol

Level 25

in reply to Ghamorra

The wookie suit should be restricted to certain weapons.

I use it...

... and I feel dirty doing it.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Why we have the Thermal Sight. All that suit does is make them glow even brighter.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

I exclusively use Incog and I'm finding that anyone who camps does as well.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

what gets me is I see shot gunners running around with them al the time...what they used to be snipers, but saw the light and switched to a shotgun? 

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

The 850 Chrome barrel kills objective to get the Ghillie is subjectively the most difficult challenge.

And as stupid as it sounds its a status symbol that "casual" players just aren't willing to sacrifice for.

Its a trade off between run and gun maps like Sovereign and Sniper maps like Prison Break.

Running around like an Industrial potted plant is inevitably tied to the hide in the weeds sniper.

I wouldn't mind the Ghillie being tied to sniper only loadouts; quite frankly it makes more sense.

That being said I also would like Quickscoping ADS penalties for when a sniper is standing, and a more stable platform when firing in the prone position.  But I'm realistic - that's NEVER going to happen.

As far as shotgunners in Ghillies - add me to the ranks as the Slug Master challenge is now on my plate.

My question would be:

How would you treat OVERKILL.

If I equip two primary weapons (one of them being a sniper) would that mean that my outfit would ONLY be tied to the First primary weapon; or would I be able to shapeshift outfits as I changed between weapons ?

Level 4

Studios