Do you think this is cheap?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Do you think this is cheap?

I was playing a free for all game on flooded and I ran into a corner camper down in the parking garge part of the map. More specifically I ran into his IED.  I respawned not to far away from where he was so I decided to go back and clean him out.  When I got close I pulled my pistol and threw a concussion grenade around the corner.  I flanked him and one shotted him in the head with my magnum ending the problem.

Well, about 2 minutes later I rounded the same area and found myself the victim of another IED.  I survived the blast, but I got hosed down by my friend who decided he was going to camp in the same corner again.  Apon respawning I decided it was personal and I was getting him out of that corner.  I made my way back across the map and got close to where he was camping again. However, I had already expended my two concussion grenades and my caniseter bomb crossing the map. Luckily I had a MAAWS support streak. So, I ripped that out and rounded the corner. I couldn't remember whether or not he had blast shield so I fired both rockets to make sure he didn't survive.  Afterwards I got quite the yelling at about how cheap that was and that I was a chump noob.

Following up in the direction our conversation went. I am posting this story on the forums to find you whether or not the community as a whole things using a MAAWS launcher this way is cheap or not.  I am ommitting his name and username as is common with the forums ediquete.  So let us know what you think. 

Level 10
15 REPLIES

Re: Do you think this is cheap?

in reply to darkrangeresp

He was mad you killed him, so of course he thought it was cheap.

If someone chooses to camp in the same spot over and over again, however, they get what they deserve. Nothing "cheaper" than corner camping and hiding behind IEDs.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

You killed a pathetic player and he got mad. So what?

Level 20

Wait, you killed a corner camper and they called you a noob? People online usually have nothing to back up their 'intimidation threats'. Anyways, good job, sometimes you need to take a guided rocket launcher to really blast someone out of there hole.

Level 43

Question: Does cheap mean anything in a way game?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Anything to kill a corner hugger will never be cheap in my book, ever.

Level 2

All my tactics take skill and are awesome.  Everything that kills me is cheap.

Level 29

You should have just told him to think of the MAAWS missile as an IED with wings! 

Level 12

Nothing pleases me more as to find out I now have a MAAWS rocket!  It's like becoming Tim "The Toolman" Taylor of the match.  I now have "More Power"!  I love to fire that thing off across a map in the direction of where I think a couple of enemy will be and having it ferret them out and see "Double Kill" on my screen.  It's also great for smoking that sniper off the top of the Pawn Shop in Octane!  And you haven't lived until you shoot that thing into the front door of Pinkeeze and take out 2-3 guys coming thru the joint!!

And if you, as the enemy who I am SUPPOSED to be killing, have a tough time with the fact I just blew you up in a mindless fashion using a "Flying IED" as it has been called...TOUGH ROCKS...get a bigger helment!!  I'm 52 years old playing a game controlling a cartoon man shooting other cartoon men...I'll do whatever it takes!

I'm just a "Cheap Shot" old bastard like that!!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 63

in reply to Im_Old_School

This had me rolling.  Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. 

Level 12

Studios