Does Incog Cost too Much?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Does Incog Cost too Much?

Does anyone feel that three points is a bit too much to counter an attachment? 

Level 29
38 REPLIES

Re: Does Incog Cost too Much?

in reply to Highwayman0226

It counters Tracker & Thermal Sight, motion sensor & you don't glow white for player controlled killstreaks. I think it also counters Recon Perk. Plus you don't get your big orange name popping up from across the map when someone looks at you. It's a balance deal for 3 points. Any "camper" assist perks should cost higher then the other perks.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

I find your post amusing since Incog is primarily used to counter the wide use of Thermals in this game, ie a "camper" assist attachment.

Level 20

in reply to Spoil-t2

Interesting, I've never really thought about Incog as a camper perk as much as a way to hide from the guy sitting with a thermal scope.

Level 29

It is interesting to think about, was pondering a thread on this topic myself.

The cost of camping in this game is far less than the cost of movement. I am a tactical mover, wouldn't call myself a run and gunner as I do my best to thoughtfully move around the board. I have been tweaking my classes and finding it helps to add more and more perks in order to just move around the map with any success. Many of my classes I have had to forgo Tac/Lethal grenades and a secondary in favor of more perk slots. I am finding I need to have DS, SitRep, Blind Eye, Incog, Off the Grid at the very least in order to not be taken out by campers. Even with all those equipped (Its impossible to have them all, I have to have classes with both),  It is still very difficult at times to move around the board.

But what is the cost to the camper? All you need is a Thermal or Tracker sight, which takes up one attachment slot... Maybe run OTG, though not as needed anymore. Definitely run Amplify, as it counters DS. Can still track players in Thermal or Tracker even if they don't light up... Can wear Incog to stay out of sight of others with those sights.... Maybe run Blind Eye if not camping a building or safe area..... Equip an IED or Two (needing that two Lethal perk)...

But if you think about it... it costs movers a LOT more in this game than it does Campers. Is that balance?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Some good stuff here.  I pretty much feel the same way.  If I'm gonna move around the map, I have to use ALL my perks to counter stuff, and NOTHING to enhance my soldier.  The only exception is my close quarters map where I don't bother with Incog, I get to use agility instead.  Incog to counter thermal (3 points to counter free), Sitrep or Blast shield to counter IEDs (2 points to counter 1), Dead Silence to (kind of) counter Amplify (or just loud footsteps in general.  Even trade).  Now I have one point left if I want to keep my lethal, tac and secondary.  That's 7 points just to be able to move somewhat freely, where the stationary guy has used amplify.

Level 29

Highwayman0226 wrote:

Interesting, I've never really thought about Incog as a camper perk as much as a way to hide from the guy sitting with a thermal scope.

hmmm, I use incog so I can actually move without being highlighted white by the countless thermal campers, never considered it as a camping perk

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

i would think this would be a must for true snipers. If you are going to be a glowing white dot it defeats the point of sniping.

Level 9

in reply to Albysky

I'm confused.  You quoted me stating that I don't consider Incog a camper perk.  Then you rebut the quote by saying YOU don't think it's a camping perk?

Level 29

I was agreeing with you, maybe I didn't say it very wel
l

Level 17

Studios