Does K/D really matter?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Does K/D really matter?

in reply to UnVeiLPanic

UnVeiLPanic wrote:

This is just my honest opinion: The point of buying games is to have fun, so even if i have a negative k/d, i don't really care as long as i have fun. Sometimes people are too focus in getting high k/d or high scoring gameplay, that they forget to have fun and end up raging, which is the opposite effect of playing the game.

Don't you know that we are all ProZ ExpertZ? We ALL get paid to play the game, maaaan.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

Starbuck_OS wrote:

Sorry but you're creating a situation that is extremely limited and nit picking to bolster your argument that a lower KD is useful;

Simple truth more you die the more you're a negative impact to your team, even tho player A got 12 frags, he died half as much as the other player you presume better.

past 14 deaths is 20% of the contribution to your team losing, again this was in the context of Team Deathmatch, KD means nothing in other game modes.

The point is:

A camper can go 10-5 in the average game -- and maintain a 2.0 KD that way, contributing an average of 5 points per match.

His contribution ratio is 5 per game.

That means, for instance, that he carries a -5 contribution player on average.

While a rusher that goes 20-13 on average -- and has a 1.50 KD that way, contributes an average of 7 points per match to his team.

That means that he carries a -7 contribution player in the average game.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

adw1983 wrote:

Starbuck_OS wrote:

Sorry but you're creating a situation that is extremely limited and nit picking to bolster your argument that a lower KD is useful;

Simple truth more you die the more you're a negative impact to your team, even tho player A got 12 frags, he died half as much as the other player you presume better.

past 14 deaths is 20% of the contribution to your team losing, again this was in the context of Team Deathmatch, KD means nothing in other game modes.

The point is:

A camper can go 10-5 in the average game -- and maintain a 2.0 KD that way, contributing an average of 5 points per match.

His contribution ratio is 5 per game.

That means, for instance, that he carries a -5 contribution player on average.

While a rusher that goes 20-13 on average -- and has a 1.50 KD that way, contributes an average of 7 points per match to his team.

That means that he carries a -7 contribution player in the average game.

Okay. So I regularly have matches where I go 10 or 11 and maybe 1 death. I do that when I want to work on my sniper rifle challenges. I don't quick scope unless I have to when someone is entering my camped zone. Otherwise, I hard camp and hard scope (when I'm on a map I think strongly comports with sniping. Otherwise I mostly run and gun).

In that case, as a camper, I would be contributing a -9 to -10 (I don't get the "negative" sign but whatever). In any case, the camper, thus, contributes more to the team than does the 20-13 rusher.

Or better yet, there are sometimes when I camp with an LMG and REALLY rack up some kills. I've gotten in the 30-3 range by doing that. What about those situations? Obviously camping is of far more value than rushing then, by your own math and standards.

Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Yes, and that is reflected by your contribution value in those games.

Going 10-1 is better than going 30-22 and 20-12 -- but not better than going 30-20.

Contribution average is a simple formula:

Kills - deaths / games played.

However, camping is frowned upon for good reason, even though it definitely is the most effective strategy -- unless the other team also uses it. Which is the problem, as discussed in the other threads:

It's a prisoner's dilemma.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

But I can go 30+ and >5. That's +25 vs. +10. And the funny thing is, I have done that and told the opposing team in advance where I would be and what I would be doing, my entire loadout, and where I would plant claymores/IEDs.

You're too focused on both teams using the strategy when, in fact, that simply does not happen in multi-player. But I'll address that in the other thread. Let's stay in one thread. Camping threads is not frowned upon.

Level 62
Highlighted

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

This forum shows why BO2's Score Per Minute was good. It gave people something else to pride themselves on which in turn helped the team win.

Level 5

in reply to DWeitl

SPM was easily manipulated in BO2, capture the flag is a good example, simply hold the flag and spawn trap, massive SPM.

Level 5

in reply to DWeitl

Spam EMP, throw C4 everywhere, UAV, Hunter Killer, C-UAV, enjoy your high score per minute with an awful KD.

Something I refused to do because I still believe in old COD4/6 style gameplayer, TACTICAL movement/kills.

Level 6

in reply to Starbuck_OS

This is in the CoD Ghosts discussion not Black Ops 2.

Level 2

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

Posted by:

This forum shows why BO2's Score Per Minute was good. It gave people something else to pride themselves on which in turn helped the team win.

I hope this context allows you to understand by response a little better; it was relevant.

Level 6

Studios