Does K/D really matter?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Does K/D really matter?

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

Everyone can have a good k/d ratio, you know, playing infected or camping.

Level 1

in reply to Mar00

Everyone can also make excuses as to why they don't have a good k/d ratio.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Highlighted

in reply to nuttin2say

circular logic plug:

It is absolutely impossible for everyone to have a good KD (of course we need to define what good is).  That would be like saying every basketball team in the league can be the champion.  We must remember, for someone to win, someone has to lose.

Activision Ambassador

True. But not everyone says the Lakers got there only by playing cheap.

Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Any team can be champion, butt hey cannot all be at the same time (which is what I was trying to say). Some people have to have a bad KD to make it even possible for some people to have good ones.

Activision Ambassador

I got what you were saying, rlbl. The post I was responding to said that kd doesn't matter because anyone can pad their stats by camping or playing infected. That would be the same as the 76ers saying the only reason the Lakers ever do well is because they play cheap. There's no reason anyone should be fretting over their stats, true. The poster had stereotyped "good" stats. I stereotyped in response.

Level 62

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

There are killstreaks, of course it matters. Im going to get pretty pissed if i keep getting killed by killstreaks because you are feeding kills by bull rushing objectives and dying.

Level 8

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

I play for fun.

I dont care about either K/D or W/L ratio BUT I do play domination all the time and I play to win.

Level 21

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

From both perspectives K/D  plays a role in how people view you.  When you join a lobby I'm guilty of just checking everyone's K/D  just to get a general idea of the level of competition I'm playing. This doesn't always give a precise indicator of skill but people usually play how I project gettin their K/D. I personally play objectively and still manage to keep a high K/D  and it's just and I've been told countless time in past Cod's  that I must have cheated. The truth is one just needs to know how to think and move a step  ahead of your opponents. I would say 70  percent of gun battles  is positioning while the other30  percent is the person's gun skill. Once you have figured out a effective route in any game type, you can play objectively, have fun, and still keep that K/D.

Level 1

in reply to UsDxTwisToR

K/d and W/l doesn't mean anything its about what you do in the match at the moment

Level 10

Studios