Does the Ghillie suit really help?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Does the Ghillie suit really help?

Now before I start I'll say I'm very much aware that when prone and in the environment, the Ghillie suit does help you somewhat, its a minimal help but it does help.

However I many people use it was ARs, SMGs etc and I often wonder:

If someone is standing up

Looking like a wookie

Isn't that going to draw my attention a little bit more than someone in plain clothing? Just a thought.....

Don't get me wrong, I run the ghillie suit on my sniper class but not on my other classes.

Activision Ambassador
12 REPLIES

Re: Does the Ghillie suit really help?

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I would thinks its more of a show off type thing like patches or back grounds. others may just like the look.

Level 21

If the other guy is looking through a Thermal then no it doesnt do anything. If not, it still doesn't do much. Its a vanity item.

Level 20

Yes it helps. It lets you spot the d***kheads at a glance.

Level 4

in reply to DockerBoy

Why the hate?

Level 29

I find it very useful when sitting back sniping.  There are a few spots you are just impossible to see in the wookie suit if you aren't moving.  The reason I also have the ghillie on when I'm NOT camping with a rifle, is because you can't change your squad member once you are in the lobby.  Although I stand out a little more when I'm running around with a SMG or a shotgun I feel the benefit of being able to hide next to a rock when Whiteout comes up outweighs looking silly when I run and gun as Chewbacca.

Level 29

i dont find it hard to get the gillies, just that i dont want to spend the time with a sniper to get it

Level 10

I think it helps especially on whiteout and prison break. Of course don't be an idiot and use it without Incog. You will be a HUGE white blob. It find it really hard to see one if they are not moving at all.

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

That's the thing though.  I don't have incog on every class, so quite often I'm a huge white blob.  I guess that's the "counter" to using a ghillie suit on your soldier, it's easy to see when you are running around.  I wouldn't be if you could select your soldier at the start of the match, but you can't, so I'll just be a big while blob 70% of the time.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

yeah that's one of my biggest issues with the game. the inability to change squad mates while playing a match. Sure you have 20,000 configurations but you can still only have one guy with 6 classes at any given time. Oh, and they all look the same.

Level 9

Studios