Encouraging Accuracy?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Encouraging Accuracy?

in reply to brsox

it makes perfect sense to me:

If I drop a gun on the ground and it fires, and the stray bullet ricochets off of two walls, and then off a steal drum to find its resting place in the back of someone's head who was aiming at me... I expect they will die.

I am being facetious... but it can happen nonetheless

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to WKMMS

Maybe they should just lower the damage a little more for limb shots.

Level 1

in reply to Old__Tymer

I think the game works great the way it does now.  I don't really want to hear more people complaining about 5+ hitmarkers and not getting kills.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

They'll complain about that anyway

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Depending on the weapon, a sniper can cleanly blow of body parts. I don't expect much fight out of that person, assuming they're still conscious after the shock of be torn apart.

Level 75

in reply to WKMMS

I don't think requiring a waist up shot for a kill is the way to go, but I wouldn't be against lowering the damage value on extremity hits.  That would put more emphasis on accuracy.

Level 5

in reply to Hobeinator1

Yeah... I think you and Old_Tymer have made a better suggestion than I did.  Certainly that would give the upper hand to the guy consistently hitting centre-mass

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Lol seriously this post was just funny they haven't encouraged accuracy since MW2 that was the last accuracy based Call of Duty games after that game either had to much aim assist or to many 3D animations errors or they had broken camera angles as well. You say encouraging accuracy I say what accuracy? If they only use sticky aim that would even encourage sticky aim. And if you are an anti-quickscoper I haven't seen a quickscoper post in awhile so there is no need to keep bashing them. Games after MW2 have been spray and pray games more then accuracy based games.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

That's exactly my point, there isn't a whole lot of focus on needing to be accurate when you can fire an SMG at 1200rpm into someone's leg and they'll die in a split second.  Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with how the game plays, just had a notion in my head and wanted to see what the community at large felt.  Not sure why you think I'm bashing quickscoping though - check out some of my posts in the many QS threads and you'll see nothing could be further from the truth

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Nah I was just saying the anti-quickscopers haven't given it a rest yet they just keep going I bet if they ended quickscoping they would target another play style until that got removed lol. As for accuracy I miss MW2 because every gun had a chest shot damage multiplier rather then just a head shot one it encouraged people to aim for the chest. Now it's only the snipers that have chest damage multipliers you don't even have to aim let alone flank with a shotgun anymore because how easy they have become. No gun is accuracy dependent let alone encouraging accuracy so it's become a huge problem.

Level 23

Studios