Encouraging Accuracy?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Encouraging Accuracy?

Spraying people in the legs and getting a kill.  We all do it and it happens to us all too.  Yes, this is a video game and there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that should be applied, but I've always found this to be a bit silly.  In order to kill someone shouldn't we at least be required to hit them from the waist up? 

In CoD Ghosts we now have a sniper rifle getting in on the act, with the L115 being a OHK to the thigh and up.  This seems to me to be a backwards step, especially since it seems to handle faster then the Ballista from BO2 (which is my own personal favourite gun btw). 

CoD has always been a straightforward and simple shooter, but isn't it about time that there was a bit more emphasis placed on being precise and accurate?  What are your thoughts?

Level 29
49 REPLIES

Re: Encouraging Accuracy?

in reply to WKMMS

While I get your perspective to a point... I don't agree with it.

If you remove scoring a kill with hits to extremities then you must also change the affect those shots have. People should limp... be unablle to raise a weapon... and what about the health fairy?

Perhaps the game needs to emphasize not being shot.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

I think that if you get hit in the arms or legs is should be proportional to the number of hits on the effects. 1 hit decreases accuracy/run speed by 25%. 2 hits decreases it by 50%. 3 hits and you cant use a two handed weapon or sprint anymore. No health regen either. so no running to hide and wait until its back to normal.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

I think that if you get hit in the arms or legs is should be proportional to the number of hits on the effects. 1 hit decreases accuracy/run speed by 25%. 2 hits decreases it by 50%. 3 hits and you cant use a two handed weapon or sprint anymore. No health regen either. so no running to hide and wait until its back to normal.

IMO, the health fairy is the cause of a lot of issues.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Yes it is. You fire 3 rounds aimed at a target at a range it takes 4. they live dodge go hide regen and come back to spray you down not aiming at all.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

It would be nice if they get shot by a sniper on the arms or legs, the victim will drop to the ground in Last Stand position, lose his weapon, be defenseless and he have to crawl a minimum of two meters to get his weapon back. He will be on this position for ten seconds before regeneration triggers.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Eh if they ever added that the QS and other players would cry too much about unfair deaths and how the game was too hard and not fun anymore and demand it be removed and put back to how CoD was in past games.

Level 70

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

This has happened before. It was in Gears of War 1 and a sniper was a 1 hit down at any part of the body as long as the user had an active reload.

Let me tell you it was an absolute broken mess.

Level 21

in reply to WKMMS

Spraying people in the legs and getting a kill.  We all do it and it happens to us all too.  Yes, this is a video game and there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that should be applied, but I've always found this to be a bit silly.  In order to kill someone shouldn't we at least be required to hit them from the waist up?

what your asking for is more realism and that is not what COD should be.

CoD has always been a straightforward and simple shooter, but isn't it about time that there was a bit more emphasis placed on being precise and accurate?  What are your thoughts?

BO2 had its emphasizes on accuracy (the huge aim assist) was to help with aiming for a reason. I do not think more realism is the answer to COD or how to make it better.

Not a bad post but I would not suggest it.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to WKMMS

I think the damage is fine, but I wish they would make aiming worth something. I constantly get killed by wild sprays in BO2. It's ridiculous. Most of the time I feel like I would be better off hip spraying over aiming. That is probably the most frustrating thing for me. I HATE when I ADS and shoot someone (on target) but I die... then watching the killcam I see a wild uncontrolled hipspray. Hate it. Makes no sense at all.

Level 18

Studios