For the love of COD, get rid of Tac Insertion!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: For the love of COD, get rid of Tac Insertion!

in reply to footballrule

If I had a 3.5 K/D I would care less about dying from a few snipers... They may be annoying but my K/D is still at 3.4 anyway....

Level 2

in reply to footballrule

One problem is that most people who doesn't use it in Domination, Capture the Flag, Headquarters and Demolition are taking the team down with them.

And that is a problem:

When a piece of equipment wins games and people without the equipment is a liability.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

lol.. people without it are a liability... that's a good one. I play those game modes and never need it to win at all. so not really true there.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

In that case you have not played against similarily skilled players, and you could have used the pistol and only one hand and won.

However, I don't see how "I have never encountered people who play skillfully as a team" is an argument against a problem that occurs when skilled people play skillfully as a team.

I have not even bothered to read anything about professional play in Black Ops 2 -- but realize that MLG and Gamebattles CANNOT ALLOW tactical insertions in any game modes because of their broken nature as unpredictable mobile spawnpoints that can warp the flow of the game.

The ban will be in MLG and Gamebattles for the same reason as the offside-rule in soccer:

The game breaks down to a horrible mess of just camping enemy goal areas/spawns without it.

Level 28

in reply to footballrule

AGREED! THERE IS NO REASON FOR TAC INSERT. ESPECIALLY IN 6V6 OR ANY NON OBJECTIVE GAMES.

Level 3

in reply to f1stdacuffsx

There is no reason for a reply of all caps. And there is plenty of reasons to have it in non objective games that have nothing to do with boosting.

Level 70

in reply to footballrule

Can I ask?....

What exactly is wrong with the tac insert? I rarely come across people using them and when I do its usually a free kill. Yeah sure I've been killed by a person who's used tac insert but in all honestly I take my hat off too them because they've got one over me.

I say stop complaining and keep tac insert if it is in the game.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to footballrule

I'ld rather not see them as well.

Are they easy to destroy? Yes

Are they effective tool for objective games? Yes

Just feel we should all be at the mercy of the wonderful spawn system. Having the God like ability of choosing where it spawn is "overpowered" for the price of a tactical tool. Or maybe we should all just have the ability to spawn where we choose without taking up a tactical piece equipment. Wouldn't that be fun.

Whatever the developers choose, I'm good with. Just giving my $0.02.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

ahah that'd be cool everyone gets a tac insert or when obj drop in game the suit case thing like get 2 kills you should get a reward like a tac insert but not instead when you go to spawn the map comes up and you select where you would like to spawn i picture it would look like the lightning strike thing but only 1 marker or either you can choose where your team will spawn for the next 30 sec-1 min that's

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to frequentbanger2

The ghost recon series let players choose where they spawned. so they could spawn near teammates and away from enemy players. In fact it would not let you spawn in an area if it was within sight of an enemy.

Level 70

Studios