Forum issues after the upgrade

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Forum issues after the upgrade

Hi all,

As most of you are aware, we've upgraded the forums this past Friday to Jive 7. There are some outstanding issues that we're working to resolve as quickly as possible (listed below). If you have additional issues, please update this thread and I'll update the list accordingly.

Known Issues:

• Leaderboards are slow to load.
  • Notifications overlap forum avatar.
    crop.jpg
  • Profile page on mobile has overlap issues.
  • Profanity filter isn't being applied to the recent content widget.
  • Usernames appear as GUIDs. This currently is happening for at-mentions and the search pageand the leaderboards.
  • Notification icon does not take you to your inbox.
  • Some points are not being awarded properly (marking question as correct, creating a discusssion, rating, etc).
  • Mark as Helpful does not appear for questions.
  • Performance Issues - The user and search indexes have completed and the performance of the forums should be improved. We'll continue to look into the performance issues.
  • Search box appears as "null".
  • Sending and viewing private messages is not working. Clicking on a private message will cause the inbox to freeze.
  • Me in Three does not appear on the hover state for a user.
  • Clan Discussions and Recruitment sub forums are not accessible.
  • Points next to your username show as 0 (top right of the page).

Known issues not related to the upgrade:

• More button does not function properly.

If everything looks busted, please try clearing your browser cache to see if that fixes the issues. For any other issues, please provide details about the problem (such as steps to replicate, screenshots, browser, OS). The more details we have, the quicker we can identify and resolve the issue.

Message was edited by: smackmeister

Activision
78 REPLIES

Re: Forum issues after the upgrade

in reply to smackmeister

Up next to our Names, a number appears if we have unread messages in our Inbox. Used to be you could click on that and reveal a list of messages, now clicking on that number does nothing at all.

Tried on two different computers.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to smackmeister

UUsing the iPad 2 with latest iOS updates log in select forums once at the main forums page with all of the tiles I can acces all forums except the clan forums.

i Select clan forums it brings me to the next page where I can select to either go to discussions or recruitment , if I selectt either of them it brings me to a page where I need to select my language ,,this is the same issue I have had since this update I use my iPad 95% of the time while on the forums so I am not doing anything different than before.

i Have rebooted and I was able to check messages right away (first time since update ) but still can't get into clan discussions the direct way.

i will continue to check once in awhile but so far the update has been anything but user friendly . Hope this changes soon.

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

This one should be fixed now.

Activision

in reply to smackmeister

Yes I was able to get to clan discussions through the tiles . Thanks

Level 75

in reply to smackmeister

Hi Smackmeister,

The issues I have found:

1- Use to be able to click on the (blue bubble) next to my name and that would take me to my inbox, that isn't happening

2- Private messages in my inbox are not working at all

3- Almost every page is very slow to load.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to smackmeister

Notification number next to our avatars doesn't do anything now, and is covering our avatars, also the search box is just the word null

crop.jpg

Level 75

in reply to smackmeister

yeah its broken since the upgrade cant access inbox and have gone back to zero points

Level 11

in reply to smackmeister

If you mark answer helpful on your thread you will also get points as if your reply had been marked helpful.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

matuzz wrote:

If you mark answer helpful on your thread you will also get points as if your reply had been marked helpful.

boostergate v2.0

Level 75

Studios