GAMESCOM CODGhosts Prestige Edition for free in November!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

GAMESCOM CODGhosts Prestige Edition for free in November!

I have just got home(uk) from Gamescom 13 and to be honest was not happy with the infinity ward / Activision offering first 500 people to get in on the Thursday a CODGhosts Prestige Edition free in November!  I was happy they where giving them away for free but it was the way it was organised

my daughter,boyfriend my wife and I where all at the show

My daughter and her boyfriend got to the entrance of gamescom at about 7:30am and when the doors open they ran to the entrance turnstile they then ran to the hall i think it was number 7(as they had wildcard for Wednesday they knew exactly where to go). they where both really happy as they where easily in the first 100 never mind 500.

Now this is where it all went wrong

one of the pit bosses came out and said that's it all free Ghosts Prestige Editions have now gone and there is a four hour wait!!!!

looking back at 9am whilst waiting in the queue outside the media/press where aloud in which means all media and press got free copies which they normally get anyway.

so this rant is aimed at you at the top of these events why oh why would you put the people who make your game the Biggest Game at the bottom of the chain. surely the whole 500 free copies was a publicity stunt. on behalf of my daughter thanks for nothing and she probably will make a complaint to yourselves and to gamescom.

#deafears #rippedoff #lastyearwegotatshirt

The8aron

Level 1
16 REPLIES

Re: GAMESCOM CODGhosts Prestige Edition for free in November!

in reply to the8aron

it was the same at COD MP showing everyone there got a free copy of the prestige edition, and then they said if your in a store they pick on the world tour the first 500 people get free aswell, but I don't remember them saying that people that went to gamercom got free prestige editions either unless I miss something?

Level 13

in reply to madridboy86

Infinity Ward@InfinityWard 21 Aug  

REMINDER: first 500 players to visit our Gamescom booth tomorrow (Aug 22) will receive a CODGhosts Prestige Edition for free in November!

This was on their offical infinity ward twitter account. (unless i missed somthing)

Level 1

in reply to madridboy86

Gamescom was part of the tour. It was the first 500 at each stop on the tour.

Level 10

in reply to the8aron

Can't express how annoyed and let down I feel, getting up super early getting squished and pushed as people fought there way to the front all to get the prestige copy.

When the turnstiles opened to the public I must have been the 10/11th person in, sprinting to hall 7 only to get there and already see a queue was pretty disheartening.

Obviously the press were allowed in earlier than that and the ones we saw outside made it clear they wanted to get the free prestige edition too.

Don't think that they should have been allowed in to queue for that. They already had the privelege of not having to queue to play.

Smiley Sad feel utterly disappointed as a massive call of duty fan, thought you would have wanted to give it to the fans and not just the media/press.

Wouldn't mind hearing anyone else's views on this.

Level 1

in reply to Smeepzz

Hey mate,

the press people didn´t get anything. You had to show your normal ticket at entrance. The press was just allowed to play the game earlier but they didn´t get the game.

Level 1

in reply to the8aron

Jesus...

I can't understand why I always read that.
I mean OK, It was tricky and ofcourse not easy BUT it was makeable.
I and 3 of my best frinds stand there till 6:30 too and we got our "Prestige".

And we entered the Ghosts MP Zone at 10:09!

We got an Form that we have to filled and then we got an Paper... "One of 500"
But I wonder how we got the game now!

Edit:

the8aron

U was just to slow, nothing else!
I read from so many others they can't understand this, too.
You are just angry about the fact that U are not one of the 500.
I mean !Five (fucking) Hundred!
Realy... You have to understand that there was so many people at the begining of the GamesCom already!
My frinds and I ran as fast as we are able to and we just had a lucky day!

Level 1

in reply to the8aron

Hey guys,

I was at gamescom in August and i was one of the 500. I filled the Form with my name, may adress and my e-mail-adress. But i didn´t heard anything from the Publishers or anyone else. The game releases now in about 2 weeks and i got nothing. Does anybody know something or heard from Activision? I hope someone can help me.

Level 1

in reply to Tominho187

Does Germany have an Activision community manager? I was a 1of500 at Eurogamer and i've received an e-mail from the UK/RoI community manger confirming my free prestige edition.

If they don't try contacting @ATVIAssit on twitter or contacting Activision support: http://support.activision.com/

Level 48

in reply to Tominho187

Tominho187 wrote:

Hey guys,

I was at gamescom in August and i was one of the 500. I filled the Form with my name, may adress and my e-mail-adress. But i didn´t heard anything from the Publishers or anyone else. The game releases now in about 2 weeks and i got nothing. Does anybody know something or heard from Activision? I hope someone can help me.

The german team are currently going thru the list of people you will hear something shortly dont panic honestly.

Level 75

Studios