GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

Earlier today Mark Rubin shared some info about Ghosts:

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.

72 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

in reply to teanah

The real question for all PS fans is does "Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts" mean that PS will also get Dedicated servers or is that only for the Xbox? That should have been confirmed in his post...let the speculation resume...

For those looking for the source link - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

When asked about PS he says "I can't call out other platforms by name but one might assume that from what I wrote."

I've said before that I thought all platforms would get servers but I also think the deal they have for exclusive content for X1 comes with a clause saying they can't say which other platforms will have dedicated servers.

COD is a massive game and for MS to brag they're platform is  the only one with servers would get more people to buy the X1.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Don't get me wrong. I won't be surprised if there are some dedicated servers for PS4 but I have not seen any statement from anyone official stating that it will be on PS4 yet...it's all speculation.

The exclusivity deal is odd. Sure, they make the deal with Activision to not say anything, but what stops Playstation or a third party from saying anything? They wouldn't care to abide by MS's deal with Activision as it is not in their best interest to do so. That's the part that gets me. I 100% understand why Activision can't say anything, but if the PS3 version was going to have them then I'm pretty sure Sony would know this and I would assume that Sony would want to say something.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

LifeSong1 wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I won't be surprised if there are some dedicated servers for PS4 but I have not seen any statement from anyone official stating that it will be on PS4 yet...it's all speculation.

Candice already confirmed they would be on ps3 and the statement Mark made on twitter was all next gen platforms but he couldn't give actual names

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Probably because they are contracted with Microsoft in 'that' way? Hence the term, 'all next gen.'

Level 31

in reply to LifeSong1

Candice confirmed on Twitter that it is coming to PS3.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to keshavci

Who is Candice and where is the confirmation? A link would be ever so helpful.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Candice is basically the PR Community Manager for IW.  In effect she's the new Robert Bowling.

Level 69

in reply to LifeSong1

Candice is the Community Coordinator at Infinity Ward. Here's the tweet: Twitter / candyslexia: @JMW_BOYZ yes

Activision Ambassador

Studios