GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

in reply to teanah

Thanks for the update Teanah.

For whoever wants to continue with the, he basically said that PS4 and 3 will be involved. .. There is a old saying that describes what he said better... "Take it how you want to".

Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to teanah

Thanks for the update!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to teanah

Great info, thanks guys.

So I wonder if this brings any validity to the rumor that BO 2 on the Xbox 360 had been running on Dedi's for a while (maybe even currently)?  Back in June when I last played, I remember there being really long lobby wait times and some folks were attributing this to the potential of dedi's being used, but I am sure this will be rectified this time around.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

Some may have been on dedi's while others were still on listen. It was possibly a pretest of the hybrid system. Those that lived near a dedi got to be on one, while those too far out were still stuck with standard listen server.

Level 70

in reply to otisman666

I can safely say I have NEVER been on dedicated servers on BO2.

Level 30

in reply to teanah

Teanah, i have two suggestions.

Please include a feature that shows you whether you are connected to a dedi or not. It's maybe not that useful but something i would like to know without monitoring my traffic by other means.

And could we have an option for the game to show us actual ping numbers instead of the signal bars ? I know you guys have stated before that the bars are better because numbers might confuse some people, so have the bars as default but enable us to choose if we want to see numbers instead of bars in game to determine what your personal and other players actual ping to the host or dedi is on the console versions too.

Both of these things could potentially help in one thing, people with horrible and unstable internet could actually see how badly their connection sucks and possibly do something about it, which in the long run improves everyone's experience.

Level 22

in reply to Raketti

This ^^ is a good idea, it would certainly help with improvement & development in relation to connection issues etc. Something the average Joe could work on, which in turn would improve everyone's overall experience

Level 31

in reply to Raketti

Raketti wrote:

Teanah, i have two suggestions.

Please include a feature that shows you whether you are connected to a dedi or not. It's maybe not that useful but something i would like to know without monitoring my traffic by other means.

And could we have an option for the game to show us actual ping numbers instead of the signal bars ? I know you guys have stated before that the bars are better because numbers might confuse some people, so have the bars as default but enable us to choose if we want to see numbers instead of bars in game to determine what your personal and other players actual ping to the host or dedi is on the console versions too.

Both of these things could potentially help in one thing, people with horrible and unstable internet could actually see how badly their connection sucks and possibly do something about it, which in the long run improves everyone's experience.

The problem with both these suggestions is player assumption and the fact alot of people will quit a game because of them..

for example quitting because they are on a listen server as they assume a a dedi would have given them a better connection... same with bars versus numbers this has been discussed numerous times over the years and yes your right one reason to use bars is everyone understands them.
The issue with numbers is people who do understand them would keep dumping lobbies trying to find that "one" with the lowest ping"

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

IMO a lot of people are already aware of the connection issues that this franchise has, and back out whenever they find themselves in a lobby where they experience latency. The ones that are not aware would keep on playing and ignoring the signal bars. Maybe the people who play on PC that have the numbers available could comment how often people dump lobbies due to their ping.

Maybe it's not ideal to show if you are on a dedi or not in case of people who don't have the best connection at their disposal and /or live in a remote area, they might back out in an effort to get onto the dedicated servers but  the majority of players (players who populate the most popular playlist and live in high population areas) would just be happy to see they are playing on a dedicated server.

If the matchmaking is improved, backing out due to connection shouldn't be a big problem.

Level 22

in reply to Raketti

Raketti wrote:

IMO a lot of people are already aware of the connection issues that this franchise has, and back out whenever they find themselves in a lobby where they experience latency. The ones that are not aware would keep on playing and ignoring the signal bars. Maybe the people who play on PC that have the numbers available could comment how often people dump lobbies due to their ping.

Maybe it's not ideal to show if you are on a dedi or not in case of people who don't have the best connection at their disposal and /or live in a remote area, they might back out in an effort to get onto the dedicated servers but  the majority of players (players who populate the most popular playlist and live in high population areas) would just be happy to see they are playing on a dedicated server.

If the matchmaking is improved, backing out due to connection shouldn't be a big problem.

with the upmost of respect here and this is from many many years of observations on these and other cod related boards.. the majority of people complaining about issues aren't actually complaining issues at all they are complaining about game mechanics that they dont understand/understand because some idiot youtuber has told them that what they see is an issue.

as for pc gaming and pings these differ from console online play another thing that causes confusion.,

Level 75

Studios