GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

in reply to surridge1990

So basically Xbox One will have 100% dedicated servers due to Microsoft's massive network of servers. To basically not "screw" Sony platforms, Activision will be providing the hybrid system and providing "some" dedicated servers. This is basically what we have today with Black Ops 2 with League Play being dedicated. 360 will also get the hybrid system simply due to the massive community numbers expected. So, IW will never admit this as it undermines competing consoles, but Xbox One will be the only true 100% dedicated server experience.

Level 19

in reply to mmartin

No even the X1 will use the hybrid system for not everyone with an X1 will be close to a dedi farm. So even some X1 players could end up on a listen server based game play. The hybrid system is not just limited to the older systems.

Level 70

in reply to teanah

This is great news and really confirms the suspicions that I've had all along.

I think that these guys get a bad wrap, but I really like that Infinity Ward has been stepping up and doing their best with the little amount of time they've had since MW3.

Level 7

in reply to teanah

A few things. When you say Dedicated Servers, my mind takes me back to COD2 and COD4 on PC (not 5 because it stunk).
So I am wondering, with dedicated servers for Xbox:

• Will host have power over maps and gametypes? example 24/7 Freefall
  • Will they still be ranked servers?
  • Can hosts change all the settings as they use to with normal Dedicated Servers? example no killcam, no noobtubes 10 players only
  • Do we purchase these dedicated servers or can we/do we use our Console and home connection?
  • Can we pick a server from a list of servers to join?

If any of these questions could be answered it would be great.

Level 1

in reply to sTevyHD

Not on the consoles no. Maybe on the PC if they allow rented dedi's for the pc.

Unless they do the rent a server like bf for ghosts on consoles. You will not have any of those options on the console.

There is no sever list on the console it chooses the best one for you based upon your connection.

Level 70

in reply to sTevyHD

Rentable servers won't be available at launch. Neither will server browser. http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/07/infinity-ward-hope-to-add-server-browser-and-rent-able-ranked...

Activision Ambassador

in reply to keshavci

yep and if read clearly that when added will probably only be for the pc and not consoles.

Level 70

in reply to teanah

Will you release info about the server locations per platform ? That would be very interesting information.

For example i can ping the dedis that were used for testing in BO2 around 50ms which is okay (if i remember correctly i tracerouted them to Germany, UK and France), but if for some reason there would be a server more closer by here in Scandinavia it would obviously be better..

It's understandable if you will only have them at the most populated locations, and listen servers are fine too as long as the matchmaking is good, but more info on this would be appreciated.

Level 22

in reply to teanah

All i want to know for now is if we are going to get dedicated servers for PS3 because i don't play on getting the next gen consoles anytime soon and i have ordered this game on PS3 already. I just don't want lag switching. Please make Ded servers for PS3 Activision and IW

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to AwesomeGamer99

AwesomeGamer99 wrote:

All i want to know for now is if we are going to get dedicated servers for PS3 because i don't play on getting the next gen consoles anytime soon and i have ordered this game on PS3 already. I just don't want lag switching. Please make Ded servers for PS3 Activision and IW

Did you not just read her post! READ IT

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios