Game Improvements

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to RunAndGun1

Haven't played BF4 but don't you parachute from above? Since you just spawn in Ghost you can pick points behind cover. With selectable spawns there is a responsibility put on the player to pick good locations (if you choose not to use the default spawns). The ruins next to the crash site in Stohaven are a good example. There are a bunch structures you could select to spawn underneath. And because you don't know if if an opponent picked the crash site or underneath one of the stuctures you can't just wait for them to poke their head out on that one location because that might not be their spawn.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

i like the ideas they seem promising iv been playing CoD since CoD 3 and iv always used the UaV and i still dont understand why there hasnt been any additions of a lock on rocket

Level 6

in reply to rainmaker6

Create an algorithm where the system spawns you close to your teammates *only* if they are a reasonable distance from the enemy and spawn you in a corner (so not spawned into a sniper trap).  Let there be a delay of 1-2 seconds on respawn so the system can take into account other respawns while at the same time determining you will not spawn on top of an explosive and not down the sights of a waiting opponent.

When I respawn it's usually instant death for me or instant death to the unsuspecting opponent who did nothing wrong but have a revenge spawn behind them.

Level 2

in reply to Raeder73

Selectable spawns would make it very difficult for someone to intentionally put an exposive next to it so it's another problem it solves. Now I am not going to say it would never happen but it makes it much more difficult.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Good points OP, can't disagree with any of them.

Level 21

in reply to rainmaker6

Putting the air game back into the kill streaks would make this game a lot more attractive. I miss the AC130, I miss firing off the javelin, but I especially miss the predator.  Yeah the tri-rocket thingy is similar, but not as appealing to use for me.

Level 4

in reply to stumpsigpi

I miss the Chopper Gunner. My streaks in MW2 were Harrier, Hind and Chopper Gunner. Went 50 and 5 in TDM on Highrise. My best game ever. To this day I remember that game. I went 40-1 2 days ago on Stonehaven but I don't find the game memorable in the same way it was in MW2.

I also find that with the aerial kill streaks out it allows you to play more aggressive as the other teams tries to avoid them or shoot them down. Exclusively gun on gun slows down the game which for the most part this game is. The wow factor is missing as well. I don't think it is an accident that Titanfall has all those Titans with big explosions in the game either. I don't think it will have legs because of the bots and "everyones a winner" mentality but the wow factor they got right.

There is also 1 other improvement I forgot to mention.

Bring back the Random Care Pack. Field orders are stupid. Just give the lower skilled players a better mechanism to get the more powerful kill streaks. They were removed because some elitist players complained these players didn't earn them. A lot of these elitist complainers are also raving about Titanfall. Well in Titanfall everyone gets a Titan and you don't have to kill anything to "earn" it.

Edit: And the added bonus of care packs is they encourage player movement, which improves game play. The more care packs that are falling the more players move around trying to steal them.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to rainmaker6

And one last suggestion to the original list.

Restrict the Ghillie Suit to players using sniper rifles. The ability to disappear in plain sight should be restricted to guns that rely on concealment to be successful. If a player hasn't selected a sniper rifle as their primary weapon they shouldn't have access to the suit.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

I made a thread on that awhile a go , good to see many feel the same way

Level 23

Studios