Game Improvements

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Game Improvements

I though after reading all those agenda filled game improvement threads I would post one without any personal agenda except to improve the game. So here are my suggestions for IW

User selectable spawn points. Let’s face it IW have no clue how to pick appropriate spawn locations (hence the IW inspired thread). In addition if users could select their spawn locations it would eliminate the spawn trapping.  Of course there would need to be restrictions like only on the ground level with minimum distances apart to ensure the points would be distributed throughout the map while not allowing players to spawn in highly advantageous vantage points. Of course the challenge would be to set up these appropriate restrictions but if these restrictions could be worked out it would correct a major flaw in the game.

 

New point streak mechanism in objective based games. Since many of the problems with objective based games are players kill whoring and not going for the objective, change the reward mechanism. Have a 2 tiered system where kills reward players with support streaks (which also help their team) and objectives (which are inherently high risk and hurt a player’s K/D) reward players with assault streaks that get them kills. Since I don’t actually play objective based games this would have
no impact on me but I think it would be beneficial to the game mode.

Brink back UAV as a 6 kill support streak only. The fact is UAVs are the quintessential support streak. Problem with UAVs in previous COD was the spamming. Make it a 6 point support streak and
since it would be a support streak only it would eliminates the spamming. To balance this “new” more effective support streak reduce OTG to 2 points. I think stats will prove OTG is not used by many because of the reduced effectiveness of satcoms and high cost of OTG. If you make them more effective it must also be balanced by a less expensive OTG.

Add noise to the thermal image. Incog does not effectively counter thermals. In fact there are articles on the web that show it is actually easier to see opponents through foliage in a black and
white rather than in color. So just making opponents grey does not actually counter thermals.

 

Brink back better aerial kill streaks and stinger missiles. I rarely see anyone using blind eye (yes I think the stats would prove it) which speaks volumes on the frequency and effectiveness of the current aerial kill streaks available. In addition they were fun to use and shoot down (yes I always carried a stinger in MW2).

Finally if you use ideas people post in the forum give them credit for it by either mentioning them in your credits or putting their names on building or billboards in the maps. I think it would be a nice touch as a thank you.

Level 12
Likes: 168
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎28-12-2011
28 REPLIES

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

I give it a go. Sounds good to me.

Level 2
Likes: 10
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎29-08-2012

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to Lylat-Wars

I would love to see these changes implemented but with respect to selectable spawns I don't think there is any chance it happens in the release. It definately would add a new dynamic to the games.

Level 12
Likes: 168
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎28-12-2011

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

rainmaker6 wrote:


User selectable spawn points. Let’s face it IW have no clue how to pick appropriate spawn locations (hence the IW inspired thread). In addition if users could select their spawn locations it would eliminate the spawn trapping.  Of course there would need to be restrictions like only on the ground level with minimum distances apart to ensure the points would be distributed throughout the map while not allowing players to spawn in highly advantageous vantage points. Of course the challenge would be to set up these appropriate restrictions but if these restrictions could be worked out it would correct a major flaw in the game.


I agree, something needs to be done. You would think with larger maps the situation would have improved, not got worse. Revenge spawns are to blame, I think.


rainmaker6 wrote:


New point streak mechanism in objective based games. Since many of the problems with objective based games are players kill whoring and not going for the objective, change the reward mechanism. Have a 2 tiered system where kills reward players with support streaks (which also help their team) and objectives (which are inherently high risk and hurt a player’s K/D) reward players with assault streaks that get them kills. Since I don’t actually play objective based games this would have no impact on me but I think it would be beneficial to the game mode.


I agree, KD should not be a factor in objective games, and I like the idea of no assault streaks unless you are playing the objective.

Level 38
Likes: 984
Posts: 4269
Registered: ‎28-07-2011

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to sennalike

sennalike wrote:




rainmaker6 wrote:


User selectable spawn points. Let’s face it IW have no clue how to pick appropriate spawn locations (hence the IW inspired thread). In addition if users could select their spawn locations it would eliminate the spawn trapping.  Of course there would need to be restrictions like only on the ground level with minimum distances apart to ensure the points would be distributed throughout the map while not allowing players to spawn in highly advantageous vantage points. Of course the challenge would be to set up these appropriate restrictions but if these restrictions could be worked out it would correct a major flaw in the game.




I agree, something needs to be done. You would think with larger maps the situation would have improved, not got worse. Revenge spawns are to blame, I think.




And they reintroduced the worst spawn in Stonehaven were you would spawn in the castle next to the wall while someone was camped in the back. Can they do anything right? This was an obvious problem and they make the same mistake twice.

Level 12
Likes: 168
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎28-12-2011

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

They definitely need to fix it so that you actually get a point towards your streak when capping a flag. Only the first person gets the point, which should be changed to give everyone person who contributed to capping or neutralizing the flag (getting enemy flag bar to halfway makes it neutral). I think adding that tier system wouldn't be the right way to fix it. It doesn't seem right for caps to give assault streaks since then much more people would be going for triple caps, flipping the spawns and screwing over teammates who are not ready for the triple cap just to get the streak.

Level 5
Likes: 51
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎20-04-2013

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to Rayquaza_39

There might not be a perfect solution but at least this one rewards you for trying to win the game as opposed to pad your stats. And those who just kill whore only don't really need rewards that help their stats.  Since I don't play that game mode I don't really know if there are a lot of caps during the game. If not the assault streaks don't even need to reset when you die.

Level 12
Likes: 168
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎28-12-2011

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

Some Dom games I see teammates crowded on the flags like the aliens near a flare just to get credit for capping. But this doesn't happen often enough to the point where assault streaks should reset if this system was made. But it definitely is a clever idea.

Level 5
Likes: 51
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎20-04-2013

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

This is the first post in awhile that I can agree on.

Level 18
Likes: 262
Posts: 937
Registered: ‎29-12-2013

Re: Game Improvements

in reply to rainmaker6

Two things you should add selectable lobbies as well to reduce latency. Also on the objective based games I would instead of your system instead they add double points for completing, capturing, or defending objectives. Kill Confirmed should be one point every tag instead of double. This would promote objective playing even more cause the kill whores would be able to get things faster if they played the objective.

Level 18
Likes: 262
Posts: 937
Registered: ‎29-12-2013

Studios