Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part I)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part I)

in reply to Ghamorra

I trust the radar - I just just don;t rely on it, NO HUB on HC ,so your yea theory goes out the window for me, If I wanna look for Noobs to the game I look in FFA core, or TDM first then head towards Blitz or Infected after school times or weekend daytime.

Rushers/Campers/Patrol are just a style which I expect in every CoD or FPS game.

Ying yang is the the perks vs killstreaks , I'm not addressing your wrong or I'm right vice versa , In my experience of getting branded as a rusher or a camper with the community I'm in, it's a small amount so more than likely I see the same names over ,an over,and never will I want to be labelled as either, otherwise my foes know my style. 

Level 23

Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

in reply to Ghamorra

Just curious, but on a map like Stonehaven or Stormfront, what would your class setup be and what would be your general strategy? Good post by the way. Very informative.

Level 2

I like to snipe on Stonehaven keeping most of my activity by the houses using the grass to hide in and pick people off then move around to a few other spots. Another key that I will touch on more later is keeping your back to the edge of the map. As my basketball coach always said, "use the sideline as a defender" and that's what you should do as much as possible.

Stormfront has some real potential for camping and no, it's not in the giant office building. There are great places you can jump onto and lay prone giving great sniping vantage points. I mostly stick with an AR though. There are a lot of creative places that people won't see coming. I once stood next to a lone object in the middle of the street for half a match killing people as the ran around unsuspecting. The fact that I was out in the open people didn't think I was camping.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

I feel as if my strategy for CoD Ghosts was just reveled lol. good post though you are one of the players I don't like playing against because you think tactical and know what going on all game long.. and like me I bet most games you get 20+ kills with 1-10 deaths.. it is us smart players that will dominate this CoD!

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

The game is truly no different then any other cod, the good players will do well. Ever since black ops 2 league play made me evaluate my talents as a player and turned me into a big sweaty tryhard im holding a 2.0 KD and a 5.0 Winloss, and this is as a primarliy very agressive and OBJ based player, in KC i will ALWAYS have the most tags in SnD i will gladly take that damn bomb and go head first, I will gladly Forgo the A\C flag in DOM and go right for it. I use Sub Machine guns almost exclusively I have 2000 Kills with all of them except the CBJ piece of trash its truly a game of how your gonna put your mind to it.

Campers or Rushers, As your post shows ghamorra, its all about choosing a playstyle and making it effective and being true to that play style you cant just take an AR in this game and run around like tank diesel, you will be eaten alive by the SMG's And the same is true for the SMG players trying to post up in head glitches for longer range kills you will get overpowered by the ARs more often then not, for those that want to rush still its all about using the edges of the map, more often then not the players posted up will be looking towards the middle of most maps because generally the most action happens there, so if you use the edge,  As was already said its a side you cant be attacked from and you can advance with more confidence and its just one less thing to sweep and clear!

Dont let this Dirty Campers Post about inside his mind fool you CAMPING STILL SUCKS

(just teasing, Im not a fan of it but god damn it if im running hind helo loki i will camp and let my hind get me my kills )
anywayyyy \rant

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

This is a completely different perspective of a camper from a camper. My initial view of a camper is that they ruin the game, always sitting in corners. I always thought to myself- how could they POSSIBLY have fun playing this game if all the things they do is find a corner and press the trigger? I thought that they were just underage kids that were too darn scared to do anything in fear that they would be killed often because of their lack of experience.

"Camping, unlike rushing, is not about getting ahead early and finishing quickly. It's about consistency, effeciency, and staying alive hoping that in the end you contribute as little harm to your team as possible. This isn't to say that campers are afraid. They aren't. My goal is contribute few deaths and staying alive to provide support."

These entire three lines changed my mind about campers. If every camper was like this, id feel a bit better. For a time. However, as much as I wish every camper thought like this, i'm almost certain its not always the case. I've played with people that said they camped because they wanted to annoy the enemy team, and a few that said they camped because they feel like they need to preserve their K/D. I really wish that this issue was a little less prominent these days.

Level 14

in reply to BlackMetroid95

I don't want to sound cheesy, but what you said made this post worth the hour of typing. Knowing that I can shed some light on everything a camper does outside the 5 second killcam puts us one step closer to getting past the .01% of campers that ruin the name of a perfectly legit strategy.

Level 75

Re: Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part I)

in reply to BlackMetroid95

Dude, totally agree.

I am fine with campers if they have that mindset but as you said most (from my experience) don't.

I know that most campers aren't underaged or unskilled kids, alot of em are actually really good and have heaps of experience - they just choose to camp.

Most of the ones I play with/against always say it is firstly because of their KD (which means they are placing their KD above what they enjoy and how they play - which is disturbing) or they are doing it to troll (equally disturbing).

This seems to the the community frame of mind for Ghosts and the playercount is reflecting the consequences of this.

Gone are the days of "who give a f#ck it's only a game", now it's all about "f#ck off f@ggit your KD isn't even 2.0"

Level 38

in reply to Ghamorra

The funniest thing is: A "Rusher" will say that anything less than constantly moving is "Camping"

If people would get that out their heads, we can move on.

That is all.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

Great post, the one thing I do not like about Ghost: I can't simply join your games and battle you G' as in BO2. Your strategy sounds like fun, soon i'll be testing how strong your camp fire burns

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios