Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part II)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

in reply to Oldurtay

Works both ways with throwing forward firepower. I have been frustrated many times watching idiots run down a choke point and die, then run down it again and again and again without learning anything. It's a TEAM game where everyone needs to play a role and change offensive/defensive when needed. A good sniper should not be concentrating on just covering an objective, they should be actively searching out anyone on the other side doing the same thing (previous COD games with quickscoping seem to have made people forget that you can actually use a sniper rifle to kill someone on the other side of a map). Likewise be ready to change your loadout and style of play. I am someone you would term a camper perhaps because I like to sneak about and snipe. However in Domination I am oftern the person who gets the most captures. There is no right or wrong way to play COD overall. There is a right way for each individual game and it may change many times during that game as scores and objectives are achieved. There is also little skill in rushing when you have a one or two second lag advantage and every speed perk you can find, but some seem to think so.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Oldurtay

Oldurtay wrote:

The reality is who can outperform the other more efficiently.

Yes and on equal footing 9 times out of 10 the team who brings more forward firepower to B is going to win, so basically whoever has less people playing your style will most likely win.

I am bring firepower to 'B'. In fact, I'm bring more firepower than anyone else in the match with my L115. I also get just as many kills as the guy lying on the flag. The only difference is I'm staying alive. Get this through your head, you DO NOT have to cap flags in DOM to be an asset to team.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

You have yet to tell me what you do when the other team grabs B other than sit back and wait for your team to get it back, your "help" can be nullified in countless ways if your expecting to sit back at a distance and provide that help, Dom has to be played at the point of attack or you are going to lose 100% of the time to the team that is playing this way.

Level 4

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Let's start with map control in DOM.

It's usually in the teams best interest to have a camper somewhere near the home flag. This is an incredibly useful teammate as spawntrapping is a big issue you want to avoid. Having someone securing your spawn point allows you the peace of mind to focus on the B or C rather than fighting your way out your home.

Another reason why I camp the home flag is for the guaranteed points and forcing the enemy not to flip.

Have not read the entire thread yet... but I saw this and jumped at me.

This is a very good thing to do, if (and only if) your team moves into the enemy spawn and the rest of the team is not setup well.  If one is playing on a coordinated team, and communicating well... AND NEVER GOING INTO THE ENEMY SPAWN (lol).. there is no need to have anyone at the base flag.

But: if your team fails at controlling the map (or even 1 person charges the enemy spawn), the enemy will spawn either randomly or at your base (spawn flip).

Maybe off-topic, but I thought I would throw in the DOM101 plug.

Activision Ambassador

As an avid DOM player you should do a multi-part DOM 101. You play just about every style so you could give insight where I wouldn't have the experience too.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

well, you know... people do not like to be told "how to play". Even if you give tips, people still take it as "you are telling me how to play".

When I play domination, I play for the win, and the win alone. Others play like this:

- I play for kills, and if we win fine... if we lose fine as long as I am positive

- I play for the win, but I do so by being the "slayer" and it is up to my team to back me up

- I play to get streaks, and I feel if I put up streaks it is everyone else to cap

etc...

When I was playing with my MFOX friends (which I still do on occasion) we would only play HC HQ (BO1), and HC DOM (MW3) and we barely ever lost (we often went flawless in HQ, and sometimes even in DOM - a feat I never understand).  I have tried before showing people how we did it, but people complained about the strategy, saying we were terrible campers (hmm... sounds familiar)

Activision Ambassador

This post summed up what I have been saying all along very well.

- I play for kills, and if we win fine... if we lose fine as long as I am positive

Probably the worst of all the campers, at the same time however they don't cloud themselves with delusions of their own usefulness like the following 2.

- I play for the win, but I do so by being the "slayer" and it is up to my team to back me up

9 out of 10 kills in Dom are irrelevant, and once again you are depending on your "non camper" teammates for the win.

- I play to get streaks, and I feel if I put up streaks it is everyone else to cap

The killstreaks In ghosts are far less powerful than in previous versions of the game, meaning your complete absence from doing anything productive for the duration of the game amounts to a silly helicopter that gets shot down in under 10 seconds.

Basically he said it right, you are either playing to win OR you are playing one of the above strategies... You can't be doing both because as stated above you are always counting on someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Level 4

in reply to Oldurtay

You are correct.. however my post was not aimed at campers, nor was it aimed at rushers.  It was aimed at anyone who is not playing for the team win.

I do not play that way, neither does Ghamorra (I know this from personal experience... we have played together many times).  Although we have different styles of play, we do both play for the win.

Again, I totally agree that someone who is sitting in a non-relevant corner is not helping... but just because someone is not rushing, does not mean they are sitting in that obscure corner. I am not sure you are saying that, but one should not jump to extremes.

And as others have stated in this and many posts (and this comment is meant to you, Ghamorra, and anyone else who is in the camper vs rusher debate of any sort):  Give it a rest, it is a game, and nothing anyone can do or say is going to make you play differently.  If something is working for you, so be it. There is no "right way to play", and unless or until someone is paying you to play the game, anyone who poo-poos on your game style can...

Suck it

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

If you're sitting in the same spot for most of the match, and you're hardly engaging the enemy, then yes THAT style of camping isn't helping your team at all. But if you camp long enough to get a kill, change your placement on the map to a new position, hold that ground, all the while engaging the enemy and getting as many kills as possible, then you are contributing to your team's possible win. The bottom line, is if you're always doing something to get kills and/or hold down an objective then whatever playstyle you're using is helping your team.

Do I like being killed by a camper? Of course not. But I don't like being killed by any enemy players! No difference. Making a blanket judgment about any particular playstyle is arrogant and stupid. Especially if that playstyle is helping your team. Personally, I find the consistent presence of horrible lag in Ghosts has increased the number of campers simply because people want a chance to take out an enemy player before dying. Nonetheless, camping serves a purpose whether you accept the playstyle or not. Agree to disagree, and move on. It's just a game.

Level 21

in reply to Ghamorra

So what is the point in these posts? I don't care what's going through someone's mind. You don't need to justify the motives of campers cause they aren't the problem. The problem is lazy and mindless gamers who complain all the time because they are trying to pad their stats.

Level 23

Studios