Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part II)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

in reply to nuttin2say

nuttin2say wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

4) it's sad that you only care about the caps. I've stated several times also that when I play I often don't have many caps, not because I don't cap flags but I just don't need to. If you have to cap the flag more than 6 times you're doing something wrong. Get over your obsession of captures, it's a fools stat.

He doesn't get the math behind this, ghamorra. I mean, after playing BO2 for a year, I don't know how it is that anyone cannot see the logic in what you posted here. EVERY SINGLE Dom match I lost?

I had more caps than any one player on the winning team had. In fact, the only reason I know that is because there were so many matches where I had more caps than the entire winning team combined! So, no, caps are not greater than kills in Dom. Believing they are is a fools errand.

One flaw in most teams gameplans is, it doesnt matter how awesome your set up is or how amazing your game plan. Its gonna fail if you cant kill. You cant capture that flag if your continually dead.

Im an objective slayer. I will jump on the objective, but not if i can help my ally jump on it instead. When I played with my friends in past CoD games, they knew to grab the flag cause I would be guarding them. Alot of the time I see people just jump on the flag and give the other guy a nice 4 piece from a C4 or nade. Its the same thing in demolition and SND. While I might not have many caps myself, I am the reason that you have yours. I push up past the objective to get to them before they can toss that grenade or C4 and If i die, you know how far away they are.

Killing in every gamemode is important. Sure you cant win if you dont cap, but on the other side of that coin, if your getting killed a ton your probably not capping anyways.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

nuttin2say wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

4) it's sad that you only care about the caps. I've stated several times also that when I play I often don't have many caps, not because I don't cap flags but I just don't need to.

He doesn't get the math behind this, ghamorra...

One flaw in most teams gameplans is, it doesnt matter how awesome your set up is or how amazing your game plan. Its gonna fail if you cant kill. You cant capture that flag if your continually dead.

Im an objective slayer. I will jump on the objective, but not if i can help my ally jump on it instead. When I played with my friends in past CoD games, they knew to grab the flag cause I would be guarding them. Alot of the time I see people just jump on the flag and give the other guy a nice 4 piece from a C4 or nade. Its the same thing in demolition and SND. While I might not have many caps myself, I am the reason that you have yours. I push up past the objective to get to them before they can toss that grenade or C4 and If i die, you know how far away they are.

Killing in every gamemode is important. Sure you cant win if you dont cap, but on the other side of that coin, if your getting killed a ton your probably not capping anyways.

Excellent point deamonic. Oldturd wants to call "campers" selfish, but it seems to me that he is being greedy with the caps. ESPECIALLY if the rest of my team is "weak" I'm more likely to cover them while they cap rather than jump on the flag with them. Worst case scenario, they go down, I pick off the guy killing them while jumping on the flag and continuing the cap. If we'd both be on there, we'd have both likely gone down and no cap would have happened.

It's strategy. It is thinking on your feet. Look, the very first thing my dad taught me about handling firearms?

Never shoot unless you know your target.

Running blindly into the opposing team is not knowing your target. It is arrogant and selfish. I strive to have the most kills and fewest deaths in every TDM match I play. But I'm not greedy about it. If I have a couple of teammates that are pinned down by four opponents and all my two teammates need is for most of the four opponents to look a different direction in order to score kills? I'm going to distract the four opponents and NOT score any kills at all. I do this ALL THE TIME. And I get raged for it like there is no tomorrow, too. But according to oldurtay, being selfish are my two teammates who "camped." How do you know they intended to get stuck in a room like that? He doesn't know. He's assuming. He is ... not knowing his target.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Exactly! the point of this method is to make it so that my weaker teammates can capture the objective. And even if it is arrogant I still believe that the majority of players need this kind of distraction. I have been in too many games where my team assaulted B flag like lemmings on a mission and have them cut down by the same defender repeatedly. So, I make it my goal when playing solo to just slaughter everything near the objective and keep on killing until its caped. and AFTER its capped i tend to still push up and keep them away from the objective. You cant capture it if your dead.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

This is something that I have to remind myself of from time to time.  I can slay but I'm not what one would consider a slaying god.  However, often times I'm the best slayer on the team and while my natural instincts are to play the objective like a boss.  Sometimes my team needs me to keep the enemy off of their backs by being the slayer.  Otherwise we just get steamrolled.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to phxs72

It takes a lot of practice to do. I can't stand being significantly behind in points in Dom and so the temptation to jump on that flag is enormous. And, unfortunately, there are a lot of times - especially as a solo player - you've got no choice. You have to not only slay, you have to cap, too. When that starts happening, a lot of times I'll "camp" the opposing flag without jumping on it. I'll watch and wait to make sure no opponents are spawning on it and that none are secretly pulling a ghamorra and just itching for me to jump on it. LOL! When the coast is really clear, then I'll jump on the flag.

Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Killing is part of DOM and every gamemode, it wasn't you wouldn't have a gun.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Wait is this to justify why you camp or why you defend?

Level 23

in reply to Ghamorra

I think I just proved all I need to and foiled your strategy 5 times over.. Good luck playing CoD with your ignorance and lack of vision and comprehension. 

You did nothing of the sort you didn't even address how you would even be effective on a map such as Freight or Whiteout, you just type out a wall of text and call it a day.  Then 3 of your dickriding friends come in and hop on for a ride.

Either you and your friends are completely blind to context or just ignorant, I only get as many captures as is needed depending on the current game, as I said if we don't have B we get B.  Most games just like you its just 2 at the beginning and holding it, unlike you however I don't fold to competition.  Your strategy completely assumes for idiot randoms on the other team.  Unless your the best player ever (and trust me from what I've read your not) and on the best team ever then you are going to run into competition, you are going to run into people doing the exact same thing as you on the other team and they will take B, at which point you will need to take B back, at which point they will need to take B back... what don't you understand about that.  All you are doing is highlighting a best-case scenario strategy, as soon as that scenario goes out the window your effectiveness diminishes instantly.

Level 4

in reply to Oldurtay

Oldurtay wrote:

Either you and your friends are completely blind to context or just ignorant, I only get as many captures as is needed depending on the current game, as I said if we don't have B we get B.  Most games just like you its just 2 at the beginning and holding it, unlike you however I don't fold to competition.  Your strategy completely assumes for idiot randoms on the other team.  Unless your the best player ever (and trust me from what I've read your not) and on the best team ever then you are going to run into competition, you are going to run into people doing the exact same thing as you on the other team and they will take B, at which point you will need to take B back, at which point they will need to take B back... what don't you understand about that.  All you are doing is highlighting a best-case scenario strategy, as soon as that scenario goes out the window your effectiveness diminishes instantly.

My strategy will beat yours everyday of the week because your's is completely useless against anyone with thumbs. Rushing the flag like a dumbass and hoping to overwhelm the enemy doesn't work against a competent team who sits back and defends a wide open flag. Your just easy kills to top of an easy win.

Here's what you don't understand, I don't lose and everything I said is why. If you can't get that into your head then so be it. I'm not going to try to an convince your brain dead ego that your strategy is completely moronic. Keep telling yourself that you have a high W/L, I guarantee that you don't. Not with how you describe your playstyle.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

He doesn't have a strategy, G, he's just making up crap as he goes along. He's just trying to get people riled up, that's all.

Level 62

Studios