Ghamorra's book of tactics: Inside the mind of a camper (Part II)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

in reply to Ghamorra

You don't lose because you play the exact same way as every other Dom team but for some reason you always prevail, I'm tired of listening to you you're full of yourself and your so called skill.  You are one dimensional and it costs your team wins but you probably don't even recognize it.  Still have yet to address a single point I've made, only start up the name calling, the mark of anyone who is in the midst of a losing argument.

Rushing the flag like a dumbass and hoping to overwhelm the enemy doesn't work against a competent team who sits back and defends a wide open flag. Your just easy kills to top of an easy win.

So according to you whoever gets B 1st if both teams are competent then the other team automatically loses?  I'm just trying to gauge your mindset here, it actually kind of makes sense I mean if you refer to every game where you don't take B in the beginning an auto-loss its easier for you to just sit back and camp your 1 cap while you lose like I've been saying you do this whole time.  If not THEN WHAT?

See you know nothing of my game because 10 posts later you are still saying I mindlessly rush at the flag, although I've stated probably 3 times thus far that that is far from the case.  Its simple, players like you wait for randoms to join their lobby exploit their lack of coordination and then assume you are good.  You dashboard to any competition and if you can identify them pregame you'll just look for an easier lobby.  I know this is the case because you have yet to display any strategy for a COMPETITIVE DOM GAME.  All you have typed out is a generic how to of what anyone figured out on their own 2 days into playing the game.

Level 4

in reply to Oldurtay

Let me just throw a couple of points out there as someone who has played with Ghamorra and as someone that plays a ton of DOM.  First as to G's flag capping, he caps flags.  He's not afraid of the B flag and will jump right on it to lend support to his team.  The only time that he sits back is when there are already multiple teammates in position to take the flag and they need someone to provide cover fire to ensure that they don't get dropped before they get it.  Once the flag is capped he goes back to making sure that the spawns stay clear of enemies which as a rusher you should appreciate the importance of since a lot of rushers flank the enemy to get behind them.  Second, I'll touch on your competitive DOM scenario.  In a competitive match of equally talented teams, things are going to happen that don't happen in a general pub match.  You will see the B flag flip multiple times.  However, often the winner will come down to who capped the B flag first.  Not always but often it will.  That is why you will often see quality teams rush the B flag for the early cap and only leave one man back for the home flag cap.  Once B is captured you set up camp to defend it and lock down the flanks.  That's just DOM 101.  Well maybe DOM 102.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

Let me just throw a couple of points out there as someone who has played with Ghamorra and as someone that plays a ton of DOM.  First as to G's flag capping, he caps flags.  He's not afraid of the B flag and will jump right on it to lend support to his team.  The only time that he sits back is when there are already multiple teammates in position to take the flag and they need someone to provide cover fire to ensure that they don't get dropped before they get it.  Once the flag is capped he goes back to making sure that the spawns stay clear of enemies which as a rusher you should appreciate the importance of since a lot of rushers flank the enemy to get behind them.  Second, I'll touch on your competitive DOM scenario.  In a competitive match of equally talented teams, things are going to happen that don't happen in a general pub match.  You will see the B flag flip multiple times.  However, often the winner will come down to who capped the B flag first.  Not always but often it will.  That is why you will often see quality teams rush the B flag for the early cap and only leave one man back for the home flag cap.  Once B is captured you set up camp to defend it and lock down the flanks.  That's just DOM 101.  Well maybe DOM 102.

agreed. True competitive teams will have the map locked down even in a 4 v 4 they will find a way to lock down B and their other flag. They will use set ups and will be waiting for someone to go for B flag, when playing a competitive team it is a must to kill them before going after the flag. if you dont your odds of taking the flag are low.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

agreed. True competitive teams will have the map locked down even in a 4 v 4 they will find a way to lock down B and their other flag. They will use set ups and will be waiting for someone to go for B flag, when playing a competitive team it is a must to kill them before going after the flag. if you dont your odds of taking the flag are low.

What's the point of playing the objective if you can't keep the objective long enough to gain anything out of it? Either I'm completely oblivious to something or there are people out there who truly can't wrap their head around the simplest of concepts.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Camping, the selfish gamebreaking 'strategy', only truly exists in Team Deathmatch and Free for All.

In other game modes, it's called "defending the objective" when your team has an advantage;

or "being stupid", in the cases where your team is losing because you don't help.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

adw1983 wrote:

Camping, the selfish gamebreaking 'strategy', only truly exists in Team Deathmatch and Free for All.

In other game modes, it's called "defending the objective" when your team has an advantage;

or "being stupid", in the cases where your team is losing because you don't help.

so defending the objective is legit? So why wouldnt you do the same thing in TDM and Free for all?

Forgive me if im mistaken here but isnt the objective of the gamemode to kill the opposing team? And as such you need kills to win, so wouldnt camping be defending the objective? Your protecting yourself from giving the other team points towards their win.

Level 45
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Can you recommend some sniper rifles and scopes for the rifle? I'm looking into getting one and trying sniping out.

Level 1

in reply to BLKSTRYK3RFORCE

BLKSTRYK3RFORCE wrote:

Can you recommend some sniper rifles and scopes for the rifle? I'm looking into getting one and trying sniping out.

I like the L115 and use either Thermal or Variable Zoom. I don't like to get in close range sniping situations so those two scopes allow me to snipe more successfully at longer ranges. However, the standard scope works pretty well so if you like, you can forego a scope and use other attachments.

Level 75

in reply to BLKSTRYK3RFORCE

If you're new to sniper rifles, I would not recommend quick scoping. You're going to get slaughtered. I started with the default USR. I'm doing really well with it - but I make it a point to use the appropriate weapon on the appropriate map. That's more critical, IMO, than which SR you opt to use.

Stonehaven, for example, is a sniping map (although it seems like people are starting to get frustrated and turning it into an AR map. You can still do well with an SR on that map.

There are three places in particular I like. One is the very back of the castle-side spawn. There is a ladder to get you up there and a set of stairs. Both are fairly easy to hold down.

If you are looking west from the castle side spawn, to your right about 1/3 the way across the map and 1/3 the way down from the north side of the map are some stone ruins. There is a set of stairs on the west side of this set of ruins leading up to a second floor. On the first floor, there's a little cubby corner you can duck into if someone is trying to flank you. Move around a lot if this is where you're going to hold up as a sniper. Keep checking every direction. Make short, quick scans. Try not to ADS until you see a killable target. In other words, you see someone lingering around not paying attention. Take the shot. If you miss, too bad - take cover. In other words, make your shots count and don't wait around for a second shot. In fact, no matter where you are on this map, don't linger for a second shot.

The third place I like to hold up as a sniper east side of the map, about midway to the castle. From the spawn on this side, move to your left, jump the stream at the broken wall. Immediately to your right is the stone tower you can't enter. Continue along the wall and you'll see an opening that leads to a small, square space. I like dropping an IED next to the broken wall I came through. Doing so won't score you many kills, but it will warn you if you are being flanked. From the square room area, you can cover a large part of the map ... but as with anywhere on the map, take your shot then take cover. Check your rear - that opening into your small area - for people trying to flank you.

Stormfront is another good sniping map. There are all sorts of places to snipe from. Take your shot then move. Ghosts is not like previous CODs. Previous CODs you could be fairly immobile and score 5 or 6 kills pretty easy. Not in this game. You have to shoot and duck. Don't marvel at your handiwork. It'll get you killed.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios