Ghillie Suit Challenge is Absurd

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghillie Suit Challenge is Absurd

in reply to iivrruummii

I ask again... has anyone seen Boosters in this game at all? This is one thing I have yet to hear any complaints in this game about yet.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Really the only boosters in Ghosts are the people that have 2+ Xbox's and 2+ accounts.  They join a game, then have their "dummy account+guest" join on the other team and they kill them over and over.  That's really the only way to boost without having full parties of people boosting in SNR with a second controller and letting one guy kill 3 players then plant the bomb and let the other guy defuse it (this is what I basically got banned for in MW3, aka Strafe Run Boosting).  This method will earn you 20000+ XP in 5-7 minutes, depending on coordination.

Hopefully this is informative and not showing people how to boost.  If it is showing people how to boost, that is not my intent.

Level 47

The only time I have seen actual boosting in Ghosts has been in an Infected lobby.

It happened on the map Freight in the second floor bathroom.

There was the Non-Infected player booster and his infected "Helper";

The non infected booster hid around the corner in the second story bathroom and his infected helper was on the floor in the narrow doorway blocking other infected players from gaining access to kill the non-infected booster.

The non-infected booster could then pop around the corner and shoot the infected non-boosters racking up kills and getting a KEM; all the while the helper infected just was on the ground.

You couldn't even ricochet to kill the last non-infected booster.

Level 4

I've seen players with 30+ kills and players with 30+ deaths when everyone else was 12/12~; But looks like if the guys were boosting they were doing it to everyone not just one person in particular.

Since tactical Insertions won't let you know where the respawn is (and respawns are... well, ya know), guess the only options to successfully boost if being in the same party and chatting in coms where did the player respawn and where to meet each other. But this is really dumb.

I'd report for boosting someones who dies to the same guy all the time but kills everyone else without too much issues, a freaking lot of times. Beside that, I've died myself over fifteen times to the same guy in a single match and his score wasn't too far over the twenty something so...

But don't get me wrong: I do believe boosters exists. I just say is real hard to successfully prove it.

Level 8

in reply to Bubbakush1

Yeah, poppa's got the right of it here. I pay more attention to time played than I do to level/prestige.

Level 31

in reply to LegendVMon

Not theory to boosting at all. I regularly see people who have played less than 200 games total running around with them. Which means assuming that they had the challenge from the start, they had to get enough points to buy a sniper rifle with a chrome barrel (Cheapest is USR at 6 points plus chrome barrel another 6 points). That means earning a minimum of 18,000 experience to just buy it if they buy nothing else. If we assume they are good players then maybe they could buy it all within five or six games. But did they really manage to get that many kills that quick? Admitedly quick scoping seems to be back (played against someone who was on 26 for 2 and was quickscoping around corners using the tactical lean) but there just seems to be too many out there and strangely it is very rare you see someone wearing a ghillie using a sniper rifle, it tends to be the Honey Badger or AK12 with silencer and grip (which seems to be more accurate and effective at range than a DMR). While I know that many people work hard to get the ghillie, as soon as I see one in game my first thought is hacker/booster.

Level 7

in reply to RustyRat63

RustyRat63 wrote:

strangely it is very rare you see someone wearing a ghillie using a sniper rifle, it tends to be the Honey Badger or AK12 with silencer and grip (which seems to be more accurate and effective at range than a DMR). While I know that many people work hard to get the ghillie, as soon as I see one in game my first thought is hacker/booster.

I see more Bulldog users with ghille suits than I do snipers...weird...

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

I'm not a fan of the fact you can use weapons other than sniper rifles with the ghillie. I was schooled to the fact when you customize your character, all the loadouts are in the that suit. So unless you have a sniper class for all six loadouts, we will be forced to deal with this scenario.

Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Its a challenge... its supposed to be... challenging.

And as many Ghillie suits as I am seeing, perhaps it is too easy.

You want it? Earn it.

Hey well said!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to LegendVMon

Why? Anything worth having is worth working for. It would probably make you a better player.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Studios