Ghost Dynamic Maps: An opinion

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Ghost Dynamic Maps: An opinion

COD

One of the more interesting aspects of Ghost are the introduction to MP dynamic elements within the maps, which range from small to large. For example: opening doors, closing doors to the evil KEM strike on strikezone.

The better ones to me are:

Octane: Gas station roof and exploding walls top of diner. Middle crate with care package.

Freight: Multiple doors that can be opened and closed

Warhawks: Field order (special streaks) mortar strike (which is a very good streak)

Stormfront: The storm that slowly appears, just cool on the PS4.

The not so stellar ones are:

Whiteout: Satellite that does very little (perhaps having it crash in different areas would have made it more interesting.

Sovereign: Halon Gas

Siege: Moving train in the middle

Personally I like the idea of interacting with maps, and its about time they added them. I presume in the near future we will see more of this, and possibly (fingers crossed) changing weather or changing day / night, evening/morning views.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
27 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Ghost Dynamic Maps: A opinion

in reply to Izjar11

I can tell you this, since you are a friend... "An Opinion"

Love the Dynamic Maps and hope that it continues to evolve in future titles.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Re: Ghost Dynamic Maps: An opinion

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

thanks for the catch,

yea I suspect this will evolve into more complex things,

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

When I first heard about "dynamic maps" I thought they would finally make maps that are change. There would be something different each time you played; a building might be explore-able, a vehicle might be there, a wall could be crumbled. Stuff like that.

Instead they went with odd things that really hold minor impact on the game or are just extremely annoying. I like what they did on Freight with the doors and ladder. That's more what I'm looking for. But the earthquakes on Tremor (which you didn't add) are pretty annoying and the the satellite on Whiteout seems pointless. I think they were worried about making them too effective. 

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I wanted full dynamic maps, such as in weather(rain/wind/snow/lighting(more than what stormfront has)), and light/shadow(day/night)changes. Walls that crumbled blocking off entire routes, Holes in walls opening creating new routes. Bridge blown away blocking off one route. Or a bridge that could be lowered to open a new route.. and not just that silly tree on prison break or the gate on stonehaven.

Changes that when triggered or automatically happened radically changed how the map played from then until end of match.

Level 70

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

When I first heard about "dynamic maps" I thought they would finally make maps that are change. There would be something different each time you played; a building might be explore-able, a vehicle might be there, a wall could be crumbled. Stuff like that.

Instead they went with odd things that really hold minor impact on the game or are just extremely annoying. I like what they did on Freight with the doors and ladder. That's more what I'm looking for. But the earthquakes on Tremor (which you didn't add) are pretty annoying and the the satellite on Whiteout seems pointless. I think they were worried about making them too effective.

Yea to add too much complex things to this game would have been an error, these current dynamic elements are (mostly) visual and curious.

Personally, I like the tremors

Get it tremors

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I use to love that movie when I was little and didn't have standards.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

I use to love that movie when I was little and didn't have standards.

I know exactly what you mean

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I like them a bunch. Good stuff.

The Whiteout satellite crash also gives your team a level one satcom for the remainder of the game. And if the enemy goes gets close to it, their hud gets interference.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

I like them a bunch. Good stuff.

The Whiteout satellite crash also gives your team a level one satcom for the remainder of the game. And if the enemy goes gets close to it, their hud gets interference.

I forget when the satellite crashes it knocks out all enemy equipment or friendly if against you.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios