Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

in reply to Izjar11

Small maps only work for clusterfk playstyles. Funny, you present a video that shows "Whiteout" which is a large map. Yet, you say "sorry to disappoint you", but the quote you replied to was about small maps. Confusing.

I don't mind the occasional high speed match. But small maps get real boring, real fast. And considering that BO2 was mostly small maps, I consider it an epic fail, and one COD title I never plan on playing again. Ever.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Funny, the guy says its the smallest map, in the video (the guy playing the map). My point guy, is that if you see its very similar to what BO2 was, in the IW style sounds, and shooting (which I like as well).

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to RunAndGun1

Oh yea small maps are worthless compared to large maps.  small maps only work in franchises like Quake,   Call of Duty is not Quake and shouldn't be like Quake.

Level 3

in reply to ModernWelfare

The infected needed throwing knifes in order to combat those that camped on ledges or stairs or area's that had to be climbed too. Otherwise it was just a boosting game mode to pad stats and gain moabs.

If the infected get their radar disabled the living should have their radar disabled as well. Not balanced or fair to disable for one and not the other.

Level 70

in reply to ModernWelfare

ModernWelfare wrote:

And to all wishing for map size variety:

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas.

Camping is just as legitimate of a playstyle as rushing, but recent titles still insist on redundant accomodations for rushers.

I've said this before, but it seems people have forgotten why MW3 and the Black Ops series was so bad (but BO1 did have SOME good maps, though).

Yes, map design is of upmost importance, as it is what is key in accommodating most playstyles. And most maps should accommodate most playstyles, otherwise what's the point?

Camping is only legitimate if it helps your team. If you're camping near a captured flag, then you're clearly locking it down and protecting it. However, camping near a neutral flag is tryhard BS. Either capture the flag, call out for teammates to help you or go after the enemy. Camping on TDM is just pure laziness. "Cranked" will be good mode to play because it will discourage and punish campers. I'm betting it will be a very highly populated mode in Ghosts.

Larger maps will allow me to play more then one playstyle. With BO2's ridiculously tiny maps I found it quite surprising to see so many people sniping. BO2 maps had 2 maybe 3 sight lines on any one map for snipers. That's pathetic. "Whiteout" had multiple sight lines from a single location. It's one map I look forward to playing on.

Variety, variety, variety. That's what we need for maps in size and design.

Level 21

in reply to candyslexia

candyslexia wrote:

We announced a new multiplayer map called Stonhaven:

Medieval-themed Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer map, Stonehaven, revealed El33tonline.com

I love it. That's great news, Candy. Like others have said, I hope there are more big maps to come. I like the occasional small map, too. But, COD has been lacking decent sized maps for a long time. I hope this is a new trend for future COD titles. Having a choice of playing in a variety of playstyles is what drew me to COD in the first place.

Thanks for keeping us informed. I am more excited about Ghosts with each new piece of news. Cheers.

Level 21

in reply to candyslexia

candyslexia wrote:

We announced a new multiplayer map called Stonhaven:

Medieval-themed Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer map, Stonehaven, revealed El33tonline.com

I think the map looks stunning and it is encouraging to know that the map will cater to different playstyles.

When will we get to see new gameplay footage, different weapons and perks in action? Watching the same footage of the MP Reveal and Gamescom build is getting quite tiresome.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

When? the last week before it comes out. ;P

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to vims2011

I think there was some limited MP game play that came out, it is dated 9/29 and seems to be on a new map with a new weapon:

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

I think there was some limited MP game play that came out, it is dated 9/29 and seems to be on a new map with a new weapon:

What a terrible video. Just mute it and watch the game play. This person talks in circles. More crap from YouTubers...imagine that.

Level 1

Studios