Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

in reply to candyslexia

Speaking to Eurogamer, Infinity Ward’s senior community manager Tina Palacios said that the team is aware that they have to “cater to a couple of different types of gameplay and players in their habits,” which means taking into account people who “love to fight in close quarters, but we needed a big map.”

Paragraph below the first picture on eurogamers article, direct copy and paste.

The quoted part in italics concerns me a little, well more to the point the last 3 (including a) words. A BIG MAP, I look at those words and straight away think singular, I really hope that we will be getting more than one big map with this game, the last thing this game needs is more BO2 sized cluster**** style maps constantly rotating round and round 24/7.

Please please please include more than one descent sized map, even if you cant give away any specific details could you at least confirm whether there will be more than one big map.

Just to add the pictures of stonehaven look very nice, I for one cant wait to give it a try.

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

surridge1990 wrote:

Speaking to Eurogamer, Infinity Ward’s senior community manager Tina Palacios said that the team is aware that they have to “cater to a couple of different types of gameplay and players in their habits,” which means taking into account people who “love to fight in close quarters, but we needed a big map.”

Paragraph below the first picture on eurogamers article, direct copy and paste.

The quoted part in italics concerns me a little, well more to the point the last 3 (including a) words. A BIG MAP, I look at those words and straight away think singular, I really hope that we will be getting more than one big map with this game, the last thing this game needs is more BO2 sized cluster**** style maps constantly rotating round and round 24/7.

Please please please include more than one descent sized map, even if you cant give away any specific details could you at least confirm whether there will be more than one big map.

Just to add the pictures of stonehaven look very nice, I for one cant wait to give it a try.

RE: "a big map" - she was just discussing how Stonehaven was developed into it's final state. When Ghosts is released I hope you'll agree that we've put a lot of thought into the variety of our maps =)

Highlighted

in reply to candyslexia

That would be a nice change from the past couple of games that has come out with ever growing smaller maps it felt like.

Level 70

in reply to candyslexia

That's great news, Candy. I am even more excited about Ghosts now. The variety of maps, and map sizes, is one of the most important features in my decision on whether to buy Ghosts or not. I know there are a lot of players who like very small maps. But, there are a lot of us who like large maps, as well as a variety. Sometimes I like the caffeinated action of small maps. But, I also like matches where I take a more strategic approach to playing. And you can only apply strategy on larger maps.

Thank you. I am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief with that bit of information. And Stonehaven looks very, very cool.

Cheers!!

Level 20

in reply to candyslexia

Allot of players (here) complain that the maps are too small ( I do not share their view) but would you say when you play BO2 vs Ghost maps, are they generally larger / similar sized?

Im just curious, personally I enjoy all size maps (except hijack!)

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to candyslexia

Hey candyslexia I have multiple ideas for the game and I think you and your team will like it here's a link http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200764856 hope you like them it will be great to see at least one of them used.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Hey candyslexia I have multiple ideas for the game and I think you and your team will like it here's a link http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200764856 hope you like them it will be great to see at least one of them used.

I read some of your ideas and you have some that are interesting, I can't attest to your age but if your still in school become a game designer because saying things or telling them what ideas "sound" good is easier said than done.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I am working on my A+ Certification so I can fund the rest of my college I am 21 not in high school lol.

Level 23

in reply to candyslexia

Please, tell me if Infected is balanced. I think that if you're going to give the infected throwable knives, you should ATLEAST disable the radar and team mate death locations for them.

And to all wishing for map size variety:

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas. They were cluttered so rushers could move about and get close without fear of getting killed by weapons with longer range. They also added too many paths and therefore flanks, which also helped rushers. I just saw gameplay of a guy climbing into a house. What does that mean? It means their maps might be designed for rushers - despite their size! And have you seen the amount of clutter on some maps? It's debris city, I tell ya! And I just can't stand those barriers in corners and the ones that are too small to hide in.

Camping is just as legitimate of a playstyle as rushing, but recent titles still insist on redundant accomodations for rushers. I call this tactical inequality, or campingphobia. Not that I want to camp, but it's just nice to have it as a option instead of being forced to run and gun non-stop. And the amount of inaccessable objects, plants, etc due to barriers and the lack of verticality again aids rushers and really maded BO2 way too fast paced. Hiding is a strategy too, you know. I really do miss feeling free in MW2. I could hide in and jump on whatever was there! I like rushing and constantly flanking too, but other more strategic and stealthy playstyles should be just as useful. What we really for balanced map design are much less flanks (and yes, that means more dead ends), WAY less barriers, tall and accessable houses and structures,  more spaces, good chokepoints, a lot less clutter (this creates sightlines), and the freedom of my precious corners

I've said this before, but it seems people have forgotten why MW3 and the Black Ops series was so bad (but BO1 did have SOME good maps, though).

Level 6

Re: Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

in reply to ModernWelfare

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas

I hate to disappoint you but the maps work for both styles, though hiding was not the problem it was how well players blended with the rest of the map. The small map being a problem theory, thats subjective as many do not vote for a map like turbine if hijack or one of the others would appear.

But here take a look at this video

of our training"
Level 75

Studios