Ghosts feedback: faults, fixes & feedback? Post here.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Ghosts feedback: faults, fixes & feedback? Post here.

Hi. This is a constructive feedback thread. The devs can research/investigate if they so desire.

Please post sensible and qualified information only. If you are unsure of how to post here, use this template:

template

Subject: subject of feedback (problem/comment)

Description: of problem

Occurence: (when, where, how often)

Information: additional information if necessary (comments, game mode/platform)

fix

1. Re-spawning issues

Description: Respawns have been widely reported as often placing one soldier in close proximity to an enemy, which very often results in an unavoidable kill-death scenario.

Occurence: This occurs after death (obviously) on all maps in all spawn locations, some of the time. It also occurs several times in-a-row (due to a spawn-death perpetuating the chance of a spawn-death upon re-spawn), duly dubbed the spawn-death chain. Some maps are worse than others (Prison Break, Strikezone), some areas of maps have a higher frequency of occurence (The back areas [start spawns] of Freight, the inner castle wall on Stonehaven).

Information: This issue has been reported by many, many people across all platforms in all game modes and settings. The only people commenting that spawns are ok have done it in dispute or response to the complaint as opposed to citing it as a strength. The worst cases of this problem are game-breaking (5-6 spawn-death chain undoes in 45 seconds what 5 mins of  good play does.

suggestion

2. Bypass main menu to Muliplayer option

Description: a general game option that enables a bypass so that the game loads directly to the Multiplayer menu

Occurence: this concerns the game loading options

Information: this was in place on some of the previous CoDs (eg. BO)

game balance recommendation

3. Sniper Rifles too deadly in practice at close range

Description: sniper rifles are able to be wielded accurately and fast in close combat

Occurence: whenever a (probably quick-reflexed) player chooses

Information: the ACOG-type scope has a very clever way of providing a compensation for zooming in (the blur out), sniper rifles could have something different but comparable such as a delay on bring the sight up and inaccuracy before that point

4. Weapon balancing - too little recoil on Assault Rifles (do MR's have a place vs SRs or ARs?)

Description: ARs are deadly, relentless AND recoil little, this should be increased

Occurence: when an AR is fired

Information: the single shot MRs bounce incredibly and their power is counterbalanced by their lower rate of fire, by comparison

fix

5. False information in Operations

Description: uniforms are incorrectly listed as a reward for several Operations

Occurence: this concerns Operations

Information: either the uniforms have been omitted or the claim should be

6. Map reduction for certain game modes

Description: uniforms are incorrectly listed as a reward for several Operations

Occurence: variable game modes

Information: blocking out portions of the maps for certain modes like Cranked, Blitz would be nice. Similar to how they did with Infected. A mode to not have stationary people is nice. Yet, the size of the maps and rentable rooms is ridiculous.

7. Amplify perk to come with confirmation notification of "enemy close"

Description: As maps are so busy and friendlies/enemies can be heard alike, the perk should give off a subliminal message which encourages the player to be extra vigilant.

Occurence:when any enemy is near (without silent perk) and player has Amplify equipped

Information: with spawning and proximity as it is, it's impossible to discern enough from the minimap much of the time

Yesterday I respawned after my 10-streak had been ended, I saw a friendly spawn on the minimap behind me, slightly to my right side. I moved, he moved and I could hear him moving. After around 10 paces I died. Confused, I watched the killcam. An enemy had either (1) spawned with us at around the same time or (2) been exactly behind me when I spawned. His movement matched that of my teammate (although upon reflection my teammate veered off to the right) and he simply got up to me unchecked before stabbing me. Would Amplify have changed anything, no. Perhaps the perk should come with the in-game soldier voice intel "careful, enemy close". We may at least react or take note of that subliminal message!

fix

8. PC version of game unplayable on high PC setting

Description: lag, stuttering frame drops, freezes

Occurence: this concerns the PC version of the game

Information: n/a

suggestion

9. Ban cheaters

Description: players who have "impossible" statistics should be banned or reset

Occurence: evidence on Leaderboards

suggestion

10. change "custom" after weapon name to show the attachments

Description: a better way of showing a weapon's customisation by displaying the actual customisation

Occurence: when finding weapons of dead soldiers on the ground

Information: this could be done with icons or words

game balance recommendation (ongoing dispute)

11. IED trigger sound should be removed

Description:when an IED is triggered, a sound is made and this is allows the player a moment to escape death

Occurence: whenan IED is triggered

Information: players already have a flashing light and sitrep to see them and stalker to run past them. 

suggestion

12. make opposing team colours clear

Description: change enemy colours (on minimap & perhaps nametage) to a radically different shade/contrast (as well as colour) from that of friendlies

Occurence: all games with minimap/player names

Information: It can be really hard for players who have a challenge differentiating colours to take a quick glance and distinguish an enemy from a friendly, specific settings for this could also be a solution

suggestion

13. subtle imrpovements to HC Search & Destroy

Description: IED remains in place when the placer dies, reduce time between rounds, Guard Dog should last 5 seconds after owner's death

Occurence: HC Search & Destroy

fix

14. friend notification in S&R

Description: select screen in S&R in the  top right corner is blocked temporarily when the notification of a friend coming online pops on

Occurence: notification of a friend coming online in S&R

information request

15. when will current gen get dedicated servers?

Description: as title

Occurence: multiplayer

game balance recommendation (ongoing dispute)

16. Pistols need reduction in effectiveness

Description: pistols need some reduction in effectiveness, especially with use of AKIMBO

Occurence: multiplayer/pistols

Information: overpowered handguns are back. Akimbo is totally OP. Machine gun type weapons should not be "outgunned" by pistols and akimbo setups.

suggestion

17. add options to remove prone or melee from controls

Description: extra control customisation options

Occurence: all game

Information: give us the option of COMPLETELY removing prone and Melee from our controller sticks. I'm tired of knifing at the air when I'm just trying to aim my weapon. When you're caught off guard it's only natural to apply more pressure to the sticks when reacting. Knifing at the air gets me killed every time. I find it baffling that this has yet to be implemented.

Post below with more quantative feedback...

Level 34
34 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts feedback: faults, fixes & feedback? Post here.

in reply to RobbieRocket

It is a bit ridiculous how often you get spawn killed on maps this large.  It seems that all it takes is for an enemy team to actively push the map and you'll find yourself on the wrong end of several spawn/get shot in the back scenarios in a row.  It would likely help if there were more spawn locations.  I was playing KC on Siege over the weekend and every single time that I died (which was several) I respawned in the far back corner on the C flag side (just a reference. It was a match of KC).  How a map this large doesn't have more than one corner on the one side to spawn in to is beyond me.

My only other fix at this time is really a next title fix but can we get rid of having to call in care packages for streaks?  If you earn a jug you should get to be the jug and not leave it up to chance that someone comes along and drops you because you are waiting on a CP to drop and then have to pick it up.  I say this as a person that has stolen CPs and had them stolen.  It's a bit of a ripoff to have done the work to get a good streak only to have to stolen from you by a guy that may have landed a lucky shot.  I always feel a little sorry for the guy that I steal them from but it's how the game works, so I don't hesitate to do it but in my opinion it shouldn't be an option.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I actually disagree here - but only in that I think the "package risk" is factored in to the streak. So perhaps you mean that the streak should be say, 1 kill lower if the reward is packaged in?

I purposefully choose non-package streaks where possible as it negatively effects my game style to focus on something else, give my position away, etc.

I also know with party mates and a good location you can lure in easy kills, this is an upside of a package.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

I can see that aspect of it although I personally don't have the patience to use it as bait.  It's not such a bad idea but I play a lot of solo and more than likely I'd just end up getting bum rushed if I tried it.  I too avoid using the CP streaks for the same reason that you do.  It leaves you rather vulnerable and puts a big target on your position.  Heck even when I complete a field order I try to throw it in a safe area but then I start flanking around looking for enemies.  I've probably given away more field order packages to my teammates than I've actually picked up.

Level 69

in reply to RobbieRocket

Blocking out portions of the maps for certain modes like Cranked, Blitz would be nice. Similar to how they did with Infected. A mode to not have stationary people is nice. Yet, the size of the maps and rentable rooms is ridiculous.

@InfinityWard, @Teanah: please don't let these new modes be ruined by easily fixed problems. Please.

Level 59

in reply to RobbieRocket

I use the load to MP feature onbthus game, Sir Robert.

Level 59

in reply to RobbieRocket

The only thing I can think of is tweaking some of the Marksmen Rifles. I've talked to several people and some of the MRs are not worth using because ARs and some SRs are everything the MRs and more. The damage at range with the MRs are greater but when you factor in the RoF cap MRs they just aren't strong enough. I would like the RoF cap increased by at least 50rpm and the, as you said, the recoil increased on ARs. That should give them the effectiveness to stand out as their own class.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

The IA-2 is basically the MK-14 with a scope and no recoil to speak of.  If you have a good trigger finger it works quite well.  I have only tried it and the one with the built in foregrip.  The one with the foregrip works okay but it's not something that I'd replace a full auto with.  But the IA-2 is very precise and for a long distance shot will do some work.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I've been trying out various MRs and non have really shown themselves to be as handy as an AR. I think this is where gun balancing fails and Black Ops II had the biggest problem with it. When you design a game to be played a certain way it makes classes of weapons seem either strong either stronger than they should be or weaker. In Black Ops II SMGs seemed unbeatable because of how much the maps supported the class of weapon, however long range ARs like the SWAT, SMR, and FAL took a good bit of time figuring out where they fit in.

Now Ghosts has been given the task of balancing MRs between Snipers and ARs and SMGs and shotguns are weapons that don't seem to standout much. Again, the maps are the reason. I think SMGs can be very successful depending on how you play the map as each map has areas where the will excel. MRs however are in an interesting position. They're a hybrid of SRs and ARs making them fit in where each weapon seems to lack, but is there room for MRs?

ARs seem to work really well up to the point where an SR can take over so I don't really see a need for an MR. That's not to say they aren't effective, if someone is using an MR it's not because it's advantageous like the transition from SMG to AR or AR to SR. If you're using an MR it's purely because you want to

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

So far the only real advantage that I've seen the MRs have over snipers and I haven't tried but one of the snipers is that they aren't bolt action.  Sure the SR will kill in one hit where you will need a good 2 or 3 hits from an MR (unless you get a headshot) but you do gain the luxury of getting to land that second shot quickly.  But you are right, using them is more of a preference thing than a necessity.  Someone that is very adept with a Sniper likely wouldn't bother with them.  I'm not such a good sniper.  So having that quick second shot comes in handy for me.

Level 69

Studios