Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Ghosts is exposing some players for what they really are

in reply to RunAndGun1

Have you played UT3?

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Score streaks are not flawed I played the objective in HC, DOM, KC and TDM and in DOM and KC I was always in first place with over 6000 points and you can only get those points by playing the objective, so you are wrong, and on ghost right now in KC and TDM i'm ranked 200 or so on the lobby leaderboard, i am usually in the top 2 at the end of every game with roughly 30-15 KDR and the amount of tags are always more than my kills and most of my deaths were from corner camping noobs, I have to pick up my team mates tags cause all they do is camp and work on there stupid KDR. Campers are for New players to the COD franchise i understand why they doit but it does not make it right, you can go play Battlefield or ARMA if you want to sit there and camp. COD series is more for the run and gun player, and when I want to take my time and play more strategy i will go and play BF4 and ARMA3. I also know veteran COD players who now all they do is sit and corner camp, there is zero skill in that, most great players are everywhere on the map and you just cant get away from them.

Level 1

in reply to Hellspawn_STP

Hellspawn_STP wrote:

Score streaks are not flawed I played the objective in HC, DOM, KC and TDM and in DOM and KC I was always in first place with over 6000 points and you can only get those points by playing the objective, so you are wrong,

Actually It's not. I played tons of KC and DOM. I would utilize the bad spawns, EMPs, and Scorestreaks to easily score 6000 without doing much objective seeking. If you know how to abuse the charity system you can set personal bests doing next to nothing.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Talk about extremes... come on now...you average 13 kills camping now thats either on the extreme side or your more or less not camping as your moving around the map...campeans to pack a sleeping bag and hold down a spot... usually once a player is shot they will not take the same route... so You typically see people with 4-1 7-0 ....and so on....

I guess you could always be playing noobs but most of the time people do not continue doing the same thing over and over... now if your running a scuf or intensifire controller and bragging avout how you and five others can camp and hold a spot well then thats another story but in my examples the second one is a toss up...and the first is my opinion as either person dnt hurt the team but yes most campers average less then 8 kills I guess you just got that magnetism

Level 2

in reply to smashbros35

smashbros35 wrote:

Talk about extremes... come on now...you average 13 kills camping now thats either on the extreme side or your more or less not camping as your moving around the map...campeans to pack a sleeping bag and hold down a spot... usually once a player is shot they will not take the same route... so You typically see people with 4-1 7-0 ....and so on....

That's your opinion of camping. The general opinion of camping is anyone who's not moving when they get a kill

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Well then I guess you would in my mind not fit the description of camping if you move discretely around the map.... I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the main opinion on campers is someone who lays down in a spot and if shot moves to thay spot or few othees but if you move without dying and hit the hot spots while overwarching them then thats not camping in my opinion... nor is moving cover to cover....and standing still and shooting

Level 2

in reply to smashbros35

smashbros35 wrote:

Well then I guess you would in my mind not fit the description of camping if you move discretely around the map.... I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the main opinion on campers is someone who lays down in a spot and if shot moves to thay spot or few othees but if you move without dying and hit the hot spots while overwarching them then thats not camping in my opinion... nor is moving cover to cover....and standing still and shooting

That's an extreme definition of camping. I promise you, if you kill someone and they watch killcam only to find that you barely moved a foot during the duration of the killcam, you're a camper 100%.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I have had people say that but its easy to rebute...  a camper is someone who sits in a spot,,, hence camper... someone who unpacks a sleeping bag.... and tent....

if people view camping as moving around the map and checking a corner see someone and shoot them... then I guess i am a camper

i only consider someone a camper who sits on a sofa or bed in a room and picks people off that happen to enter their room

I do have a few maps that i know a spot where i do enjoy employing just that tatic... unless its objective based....

Level 2

in reply to smashbros35

If that's your definition then I would wager that camping is far less of an issue than people make it out to be. I hardly ever see that and I do mix up my playstyles depending on what's needed of me. Rarely do I find someone sitting in on a sofa or in an obscure corner. If they do I flush them out easily and they end up being a non-factor in the match anyways.

Level 75

in reply to smashbros35

smashbros35 wrote:

That is your opinion (which I share)... however the community has defined camping as: "anything less than rushing, or not moving continuously. If you were in a spot longer than X seconds before you got the kill, you are camping"

I used to play with a clan where you HAD to be moving at all times (you could not even stop to shoot).  They would review people's game play and if you were caught too many times not continuously moving you got kicked out. This even  included drop shooting, because when you did that you were in a set spot on the terrain for too long.  That was very extreme, but the point I am making is:

Everyone has their own definition of everything : Camping, quickscoping etc... and as such, the terms have become misnomers because they stray too far from they actually are, and encompass too much. And the funny thing is: the community has a fear of being lab bled as campers for some reason that I will never understand.

Activision Ambassador

Studios