Ghosts was meant to be played on smaller TVs

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Ghosts was meant to be played on smaller TVs

I've switched from a nice little 32" to a 50" inch. Changed my PS3 output to 1080 and switched my TVs picture to gaming for the faster refresh.

I can say that I have a lot less problems seeing further into the distance on the smaller TV than the bigger one. Recently I've having some poor games because I haven't been able to see people. I'm looking right at them unknowingly. Even scoping in I have troubles. I got lucky once and found a guy that contrasted poorly with his environment and even still he was nothing but a smudging blur to me.

I took my game into another room with my old TV and I was back at my good ol' self. Even at 720 I could still spot the enemy the second they waltzed into the open. My reflexes improved because of it and so did my accuracy. I know players have complained about the FOV being so low but I'm not sure if that's the issue. You can certainly see out into the distance but the resolution is poor as smaller points are getting stretched and blurred. I think this game functions much better on smaller TVs.

Level 75
5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Ghosts was meant to be played on smaller TVs

in reply to Ghamorra

Stop sitting so close to your TV and make an eye doctor trip.

Level 3

in reply to Ghamorra

I have experienced the exact same thing.  Years ago, I started out on my 40" Samsung LCD.  I tried MW3 on a 50" Plasma and it lasted about two days before switching back to the 40".  Last year, tried the same thing with BLOPS II on my 60" LED tv and after a day, I switched back to the 40" again.  I don't know what it is, but I play much better with a smaller tv- and this thing is about eight years old.  I am worried that it is on it's last leg and if I do replace it, it will be with another 40".

Level 8

in reply to Ghamorra

Odd I see people better on my 70 inch than on my 40. Maybe I'll try my daughters 32 , never really thought about it. Thanks for the tip.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

gotsomestars wrote:

Odd I see people better on my 70 inch than on my 40. Maybe I'll try my daughters 32 , never really thought about it. Thanks for the tip.

Let me know how that goes

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I took the time and read the instructions and they recommend playing on a smaller TV. Read the manual if you haven't done so yet.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios