Gun DLC. Pre Cursor to pay to win

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Gun DLC. Pre Cursor to pay to win

in reply to Voods

It has nothing to with not being able to afford the season pass. I am an elite founder and have bought the season pass for all past games, just did not this title becauase of not wanting to deal with the utter stupidity of reskinned and the waste of money that they are.

Nor does it have anything to with being bad at the game I have a 1.13 kd in the game, not great but not bad either.

LOL.. the sg's do not have insane range, they have some of the shortest ranges in the game compared to any other weapon. Launchers are not noobish at all, people just like to claim they are since it is an aod weapon and not a direct impact damage only weapon like the guns, same with rpgs.. the fact that you cried about those things yet defended the dlc weapon just made your credibility hit zero.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

1.13 is borderline terrible...the only positive part is that .13 you kill 2 people....everything you said is the defense and standpoints of inferior players who actually think they are better than they are. I am not a good player and 2.1 K/dr is nothing along with 40+ every game multiple 80+ games, several K.E.Ms and continually playing solo or in 2m groups.

You clearly have severe lack of reading comprehension and that may be some of your game skill issue. As really being able to comprehend is the main and only skill needed in cod. I never cried about the stuff I pointed out people are bitching about an SMG you have to aim, I also made a valid point of why is C4 in the game? A block of C4 that large would decimate everything in a 60ft range instantly killing everything. I can easily kill people w/ the bulldog, FP6, and Tac from SMG range with 1 pull. Grenade launchers do not take skill and if you think they do...I wouldnt mention credibility.

In fact quite honestly you are probably one of the worst potential people to be even talking about the weapon being OP or not. 1.13 Kd says you have absolute problems w. any player and any weapon. I.e you against a .5 Kd player will likely still make you think the weapons "OP" when it kills you.

So let's break it down then

#1 the SMG has too high of a fire rate(R5 is arguably the best gun in game and over used in COMP and TRYHARD moments and has the slowest rate of fire)

#2 Rifle class capability at range (M-Tar X has rifle range, high damage, and no need for steady aim)

#3 A hybrid integrated optic (rather have a supp like the K7 and Honey badger.)

So in all basically all the complaints are just ignorant and it really comes down to it not being in the game from the go, to which again I say the only people who matter buy all the DLC that has a real meaning to it. Extra loadouts, Maps, Game modes, and weapons. If you consider buying the next map pack pay 2 win lololololololololololololol please don't buy another Call of Duty.

Level 4

in reply to Voods

Just because launchers are aoe weapons does not mean they do not take any skill at all to use. If you think so than you obviously have not clue about them at all. And your right having a 2.1 doesn't make you any better than me at all. I have many games were I have gone 3.8+ but I play lone wolf and play more than just tdm where I don't care about my k/d at that point for it is a moot point in those other game modes. c4 is an ambush weapon but because of its instant detonate ability is used more like grenade instead.

Every attempt at insulting me and calling me a bad player is the same standby points and defense of every elitist player who things they are better than anyone else ever. Getting several kems means nothing at all, getting kill streaks means nothing does not make for a better player.

The only way you can kill people with those weapons in one pull is if in hardcore and using the slug for they don't have that range otherwise. They do not even come close to smg ranges with out the slug attachment.

My 1.13 does not say I have problems with any player and any weapon I have used almost everyone weapon in the game and do know how they work and how effective and easy they are at different ranges. K/D does not equate to understanding or lack of understanding of how a weapons works. If you think so you are just another elitist who things that their k/d makes them special when it does not.

R5 is not arguable the best gun at all it is a par average weapon the Maverick is just as powerful and just as easy to use the same as the R5.

The MTAR is the TAR21 from MW2 just reclassified as a SMG it is based off the same weapons platform so it will have the range of an AR but the mobility of an SMG.

Just because it does not have a suppressor does not make it a weaker weapon or less of a weapon than the honey badger that does. If you need a weapon suppressed than you are not really that great to begin with.

Map packs are not p2w and never have been, it is the selling of weapons that other cannot have unless they buy the map pack as well that borders on p2w. You are probably someone what would be ok if the game went to a p2w style.

Oh and after the stupid reskin bit in the past few games I wont be buying another CoD even though I have played them all. Going back to a game developer that knows how to make games better than what 3arc and IW are currently doing..

Level 70

Your right man, our elite special force divisions totally go 1 to 1 ahahahha dude you need to take notice, you are NOT good, you are NOT even mediocre, to be blunt you are nothing but fodder for the rest of us to use as a shield. In any event keep crying, your KD and WL will stay the same and I.W. will release more DLC you dislike, yet you buy it, and keep playing.

I swear you probably cry about scufs

Level 4

in reply to Voods

Keep up your pathetic attempts at insults to try and defend your view. It only proves my points for me about what sort of player you are.

I have not bought the season pass and will not be buying any more dlc for this game. So no I do not just keep buying it unlike fools like you that do. I have not even played ghosts is the past few days, actually closer to week now since last I played. So again you know nothing about me and how I play or where my skills may be in this game or how well I understand the game or not.

Level 70

If you haven't played ghost in a week and don't have the season pass your opinion on the ripper is irrelevant and the whole argument you have is pointless and not your own you probably watched some fagtuber who said the gun was OP and the game was turning p2w and now wanna rush to the forums calming the same thing. grow up the game isn't fair but its not due to the guns and it's not do to someone having more classes than you. The reason the game isn't fair is because people will always be better than someone else

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

Wrong my view is not pointless. I don't have to have to season pass for my view to have any meaning or value or credibility. And No it is not from some Youtuber either that I made this decision. It is from simple logic and from playing the game and other games that are P2W and how they work and how this game is becoming very much like them because of how the dlc is begining to work in this game. Not my fault if you cannot see it or understand it. The game has never been fair in the means you try to use and no it is not just because other people are better at it. It is because it was designed not to be fair because of how perks and attachments work on weapons. The point is by selling weapons that unless a person buys them limits other players choices and gives those who bought them more choices is the basis of what a p2w system works off of. Sounds like you have not played many p2w games before to be able to see the similarities to them and the direction this game is going.

Level 70

Thats becuase there are no similarites at all none the game isn't pay to win the fact that people can get a new weapon by buying the DLC does not make it pay to win. The gun does not make you a better player or give you any advantage over anyone if you seriously think that having one gun that someone else doesn't have is a joke and only a excuse used by players needing a reason for why they got beat

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

Not true, if you give a player a weapon that has better kill potential it does improve the player even if they dont have the same skill as other players. Easier to use weapons make bad players better by making them easier to use and get kills with. So yes adding a weapon in if not balanced can give an advantage to a player over the person that does not have it. And yes there are several similarities to p2w games in how this is moving.

In past cods you didn't get weapons with map packs. what you started with was the same as what you ended with. In past games you couldn't buy extra slots for a cac loadout, you could buy extra number of cac loadouts but not extra slots per loadout.

Allowing players to buy things such as cac slots, weapons, and perks or equipment once that happens is the very basis of how p2w works. It does not have to give them a marked advantage, any advantage at all and it is p2w for it gives them a better chance at winning over someone that does not have them.

Level 70
Highlighted

Exactly. Hopefully they get off this business model.

Level 18

Studios