Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

in reply to Scotland-Rules

scotland-rules wrote:

MW3 did not "put in in there" as a method because we didn't have 3 to kick rule. Its because the 3 to kick rule proved ineffective as that's what they had for HC before they put ricochet in.

uh uh

trust me on this i know ALOT about hc and mw3

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

MW3 didn't have a kick to kill limit upon launch, that my mistake. They tried a time method of punishment alongside a system of "Was it a mistake or not" If the first few bullets didn't hit a teammate but the rest did the game would decide if it was accidental or not and most likely rule it as accidental.

This was to prevent punishing those teammates who charged in infront of your gun fire when you were killing an enemy. However this method soon became clear that it wouldn't work.

Well what could they do?

They put ricochet mode in because you can't do anything else. If a time limit is proved ineffective then you have two options Ricochet and 3 to kick, 3 to kick has always been a trayarch thing and honestly, has proved to be very ineffective as the host will not be kicked and sometimes you're unlucky and your team gets you kicked especially with the current "I'll shoot his explosives" tactic favored by many.

MW3 put Ricochet on and its saved me from being killed and only gotten me killed occasionally but I'd rather take this method than anything else.

Activision Ambassador

Can we just pretend Richochet never existed and put it in a box with last stand?

Level 48

in reply to TL_Bare_B

I don't know a much better system other than MW2 where you got severe time penalties once you started to team kill.

Activision Ambassador

The one thats currently in a place is a better system.

Level 48

No ricochet.  Just have a better kick system where you can vote to kick him out of the game.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I would like this but people would hit kick 9/10 times anyway because they feel hard done by.  Plus MW3 tried an advanced system of time penalities based on if a team kill was accidental or not. I don't see a system like this but with a kick mode really going to work.

Activision Ambassador

So you can't win either way.  Why even talk about it then?

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to RallyOrDie

Because at some point we are going to have to take the good with the bad.

A complicated kick system would piss more people off than a simple Ricochet mode.

I think due to the multiplayer the only system that doesn't have massive flaws is Ricochet. Simply because sure, teammates can trap you and can run in front of you when firing.

But if I weight up the pros and cons, then honestly it doesn't bother me that much.

I just think Ricochet mode is the best out of a bad bunch.

Activision Ambassador

I just don't know how you are getting all these facts about how people will feel.

Level 16

Studios