Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

in reply to RallyOrDie

I don't but I'm using more common sense than anything else.

I mean would you rather have what MW3 had at the start which was a complicated time penalty system which basically meant as long as you fired before hitting your teammate with the bullets the game counted it as an accident. MW3 tried to change things but it never worked so they went back to the old reliable Ricochet mode.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

MW2 did HC perfectly.

There still was hungry teammates who ruined your streak, or the ones who beat you up before stealing your care package.

You don't want your CP to be stealed? Don't use it on HC

Level 3

in reply to emperior09

Well true,

I do feel that MW2 did Hardcore the best maybe next to Ricochet mode as it did punish the guy by basically making him wait in the game rather than kill to be kicked.

3 to kick is a horrible system because people when loosing kill three teammates just to be kicked whereas MW2 made them suffer in the same lobby so more often people would just leave.

It also meant you didn't have this horrible system of where the host wasn't kicked or punished.

Activision Ambassador

i totally agree we need need it back

Level 1

I posted this in another suggestion forum:

Please do NOT bring back ricochet.  Nothings worse than having a good streak only to have a teammate step on front of you. Why can't the 3rd person to be killed by the same team killer have the option to "forgive" or "kick" the player? Halo 3 had this, why hasn't COD ever implemented it? Getting kicked due to accidental kills and glitches in the game (names don't show up) should not result in me getting kicked.

Glitches in the game I am referring to are nametags not showing up. You don't show us the radar with friendlies on it and thus when someone runs in front of you we assume it is an enemy if their name doesn't show up.  This happened to me 3 times in one game and I had no clue I was team killing until I got kicked.

Level 33

The problem with BO2 and its kick system is that I've had my own teammates purposely lay down beside a bouncing betty, aim right at it, shoot it (thus killing themselves) and yet I get the 'strike'.  Ricochet would prevent stupidity like that from existing or at least ensure the right person was kicked, if any.  I'd much prefer Ricochet than the BO2 system any day. 

Level 1

in reply to larryc231

larryc23 wrote:

The problem with BO2 and its kick system is that I've had my own teammates purposely lay down beside a bouncing betty, aim right at it, shoot it (thus killing themselves) and yet I get the 'strike'.  Ricochet would prevent stupidity like that from existing or at least ensure the right person was kicked, if any.  I'd much prefer Ricochet than the BO2 system any day.

this is a non argument you can EXACTLY the same thing in ricochet and its more annoying to you as you'd be happily running along and then boom you drop down dead as some idiot stood over a claymore and shot it

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

larryc23 wrote:

this is a non argument you can EXACTLY the same thing in ricochet and its more annoying to you as you'd be happily running along and then boom you drop down dead as some idiot stood over a claymore and shot it

In MW3 if a team-mate shot your equipment you wouldn't die, they would. So you can't do the exact same thing on ricochet mode.

Activision Ambassador

I despise ricochet.

Level 8
Highlighted

How did I ever miss this one..

Riochet.. is not hc ever.. it is baby core where players don't have to care what they do because they wont be kicked.

Level 70

Studios