Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

How did I ever miss this one..

Riochet.. is not hc ever.. it is baby core where players don't have to care what they do because they wont be kicked.

Yes I agree with you and the reason you probably missed this one was because it was only recently bumped.

However, one thing I noticed is players don't have respect for other players. In BO2 one of the common themes would be "I'm running in front of someone and an enemy pops out and my team-mate shoots me to get the kill when I was clearly dealing with the enemy" So perhaps I've killed the guy but because the guy behind me is careless, he shoots me and I die.

Another popular one is "Friendly predator missile inbound" and I'm near the enemy and because the predator is coming down it kills me.

It works both ways....I'd rather die when its my fault rather than have a team-mate suffer.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I'm wondering if they could do the standard '3 TK's and you're out' and combine it with something else to disincentivize people from TKing. Like maybe changing it so that every time you TK, you lose 3 kills from your stats? Lose 500 points instead of 100?

I dunno, but there has to be something that encourages players to have good trigger control, but is not so devastating as to ruin the experience.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I'm wondering if they could do the standard '3 TK's and you're out' and combine it with something else to disincentivize people from TKing. Like maybe changing it so that every time you TK, you lose 3 kills from your stats? Lose 500 points instead of 100?

I dunno, but there has to be something that encourages players to have good trigger control, but is not so devastating as to ruin the experience.

I agree,

However we  don't have anything like that so that's why I'd prefer this than 3 to kick.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I agree,

However we  don't have anything like that so that's why I'd prefer this than 3 to kick.

I get where you're coming from, but when I play HCSmiley FrustratednD (or now HCSmiley FrustratednR!!! ), I like the added realism of you killing your teammate on accident hurts the whole team. It sharpens my skills and makes me play more realistically because it bothers me more to TK than kill myself.

Level 8

Submit2MyWill wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I agree,

I get where you're coming from, but when I play HCSmiley FrustratednD (or now HCSmiley FrustratednR!!! ), I like the added realism of you killing your teammate on accident hurts the whole team. It sharpens my skills and makes me play more realistically because it bothers me more to TK than kill myself.

See that's the one I think is needed this the most. Imagine getting rocket killed at the start and you're the host.....you can't be kicked but for 4 rounds you can auto kill your team-mates.

Activision Ambassador

Hopefully, now that we have dedis, that issue will dissolve.

Level 8

Submit2MyWill wrote:

Hopefully, now that we have dedis, that issue will dissolve.

Perhaps but I feel that most people who come to kill in HC S&D tend to be trolls anyway. I don't like full ricochet but in all honesty its the only way I can guarantee I won't be killed by someone who gets greedy and decides to shoot me to kill a guy I already killed.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but some of my fondest HCSmiley FrustratedND memories have been where some jackwagon on my team RPG'ed my entire team first thing at the beginning, and I was left all alone to face the other team.

I usually do my best work in SND when my back is against the wall. You can be remarkably creative in creating diversions, isolating the other team's members, and picking them off one by one.

You almost become a Ghost (pun intended), and they start freaking out because they just keep dropping.

Level 8

"Ricochet mode isn't perfect you can have trolls who trap you in the corner but these are easily dealt with and really only require a quick sacrifice of the ocasional death by you."

This Statement is what is killing Cod Ghost. Camping.

Campers need to understand that when your are playing team base games it only works if you're a team. I would much prefer a crappy player that is out there trying, rather then hiding in a corner on the edge of the map. At least their taking some heat off my back.

Hiding way back at the spawn location or in a corner of a building all match waiting for your 5 kills per match is not helping your team. If you want to camp play FFA.

Camping will never make you a better player. Blops2 proved that k/d doesn't mean anything, by offering players the opportunity to reset their stats. Watch some of the best players on MLG they don't care about K/D as long as they win.

Level 4

Studios