Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

Many Modern Warfare 3 players would have noticed upon launch MW3 did not have any ricochet mode on hardcore and this caused the following.

Team Killing on HC TDM - unreal amounts

Rocket Launcher Death upon start on S&D - Many players did this when they were the host as they wouldn't be kicked.

In short Ricochet mode isn't perfect you can have trolls who trap you in the corner but these are easily dealt with and really only require a quick sacrifice of the ocasional death by you. Is it fair, no but the fact is, we can't have another CoD without it because team killing has increased and BO2 had lots and still does and MW3 at the start had quite a lot.

Bottom line is MW3 learned they needed Rcochet.

Now I am asking that instead of waiting 3 month to add it in, they add it from the start.

Activision Ambassador
38 REPLIES

Re: Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

in reply to Scotland-Rules

oh hell no

ricochet was added as aknee jerk reaction as mw3 didnt have the 3 tks and kick code in it.

if ghosts shipped with ricochet i honestly wouldnt buy it

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

3 to kick has always been a Trayarch thing. I would perfer MW2 style where they had on TDM a punishment system, you get 2 team kills and then you get a 40 second wait, then 90 second and then it would increase. I think you could get up to a couple minutes eventually.

3 to kick was and is horrible in the BO2 due to map size and layout.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

3 to kick has always been a Trayarch thing. I would perfer MW2 style where they had on TDM a punishment system, you get 2 team kills and then you get a 40 second wait, then 90 second and then it would increase. I think you could get up to a couple minutes eventually.

3 to kick was and is horrible in the BO2 due to map size and layout.

problem with that is people on long respawns tend to quit the game..

it unbalances teams and end of the day results in the same thing as a just kicking after 3 tks.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I agree it does unbalance the game but honestly if you have an asshole killing his team and gets kicked after 3 kills he could have already done enough damage to ruin the game.

Plus you have to guarantee someone can fill his place and more often than not it takes a minute or more to fill the place of that guy.

Overall its just much easier with Ricochet.

Activision Ambassador

scotland-rules wrote:

Overall its just much easier with Ricochet.

then explain how the majority of the hc players hate ricochet?

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Because it makes other HC players less team aware. E,g, they'll run in front of you without a care because they know they won't be kicked or hurt.

Its is annoying but I just have to remember the times where I was killed in BO2 and my care pack stolen or the times where I'd be clearing out a room and my teammate pre fires around the corner killing me.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

3 kick system was awful, teammates adored running through suppressing LMG fire or trying to play catch with the semtex and nades I tossed.

Level 1

It feels more hardcore without ricochet. I think FF is part of hardcore and you have to deal with it. 3 team kills is kicking. If you are host you get kicked and host changes. Or maybe only the host has the ricochet.

Level 3

in reply to emperior09

It does but I am getting more sick and tired of my team running in front of me when I'm using an LMG for a distance and me killing them because they are stupid enough to walk in front of me. Sometimes I can stop firing but usually its too late because they've ran randomly out.

Also I'm sick of running around a corner and my teammate having a happy trigger fingers and boom I'm killed.

I'm also sick and tired of being killed for my care package.

MW3 did not "put in in there" as a method because we didn't have 3 to kick rule. Its because the 3 to kick rule proved ineffective as that's what they had for HC before they put ricochet in.

Also for HC S&D I feel its near essential for ricochet to exist due to the limited number of lives you have.

Activision Ambassador

Studios