Here is how I feel playing Ghosts as a lonewolf run and gun player - video link

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Here is how I feel playing Ghosts as a lonewolf run and gun player - video link

Run! - YouTube

Imagine I am Han Solo and my team is right behind me.

They all hang back and camp.

I rush in seeing the enemy.

Only to see...the entire enemy team camping together.

LMAO!

That is how I feel while playing any team game on Ghosts.

I love run and gun fast gameplay.

Not sitting in a damn corner praying for someone to run in front of me.

Too bad I always get stuck with bad team members more worried and fake K/Ds than playing the objectives.

Anyways thought that video was funny and sums up cod perfectly.

Level 9
10 REPLIES

Re: Here is how I feel playing Ghosts as a lonewolf run and gun player - video link

in reply to ANWRambo

It's definitely tough playing lone wolf. Every once in a while you get a good team but very rare

Level 2

Re: Here is how I feel playing Ghosts as a lonewolf run and gun player - video link

in reply to ANWRambo

The amount of hardcore corner camps in Call of Duty is grossly over exaggerated. I'm not saying they don't exist but they're not in every game by the droves like players make them out to be. I sit in a corner to reload or when I know someone's coming, it's smart and it's safe. However that player sees killcam which shows 5 seconds of me sitting in a corner and then me shooting him. That's all they see. So naturally I'm camping there the whole match.

As a run and gun player you're pushing the extreme pace of Call of Duty. Naturally everything that's not to your speed is slow and campy.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Good thing I have Titanfall on the PC.

The speed is amazingly fast paced on it.

COD Ghosts feels like a group of turtles fighting to the death compared to Titanfall.

I do like Ghosts even though it feels slow paced.

Just hope Advanced Warfare picks up the pace a little with the new Halo/Crysis/Titanfall suits.

Maybe that might just add people super jumping from corners now to use their halo energy sword lunge on their knifes.

That would be funny to see campers super jumping from corners for kills.

You know people are going to be doing that around corners for sure lmao.

Level 9

in reply to ANWRambo

Level 75

in reply to ANWRambo

I gave you a like purely for the video choice, great parody to explain how it feels sometimes.

That said, did you consider the actual, dare I say, stupidity of what Han Solo does? When I am thrown into a match underway I always spectate before deciding whether to join. There is always a reason for the space in the team that I have been put in to fill. 9/10 times I see these Han Solo players charging mindlessly in only to be constantly cut down with ease. A smart run and gun player can be a real asset to any team, as can a smart camper. Like camping in a corner waiting for the odd passerby, going 4-1 can be a drain and poor play, so can being a mindless run and gunner going 15-35. There is no clear right or wrong way to play CoD, each to their own, but the best players (based on match results) I have seen are the ones who run when it's safe to do so and camp when it's not.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

I do pretty well playing as a run and gun player.

I have learned though that that game favors players that slow down and cover one set area.

It is not wise to try to play the entire map running like a headless chicken.

A lot of shotgun players I see do that.

I mostly only play FFA.

I have learned it is better to cover 1 area that your by than running all over the map.

I get killstreaks easier this way now.

I watch other players that sometimes beat me and I learn from their tricks and apply them to my own.

Learned a few things from some very clever players and campers.

Losing is not always a bad thing.

It is an chance to learn and improve at the game from watching how they beat you.

It is how I get better at FFA and try new things I might have never thought of on my own.

Level 9

in reply to ANWRambo

Kudos for the video clip but my RnG is more like this (with or without the noob tube, everybody dies).  They learn to fear camping in my matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wD5TaMf2k

Level 69

in reply to ANWRambo

tumblr_mi1060CIGz1s4995eo1_500_zps77174fc6.gif

Level 75

in reply to ANWRambo

Yeah, but Han Solo never dies.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios