How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

Honestly QS'ing has become a part of the game, even though it started out as an exploit of the game engine. BUT I think it is WAY to easy to do. The way they should fix it is they should just take out the aim assist for snipers. That way there wont be a ton of quickscopers and the ones who do QS are actually good. Im a feeder with a youtube and I honestly think it was too easy in BO2.

Level 4
37 REPLIES

Re: How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

in reply to randomness550

Why could this not have been posted in one of the other hundreds of threads we already have for quickscoping?

Level 8

We shall see. Honestly, I'm actually use to it since I started seeing it back in the MW2 days. It's not that big of a deal as long as it's not too easy IMO.

Plus, in the Gamescom preview, there was one clip where a player no zoomed a player with what looked like a sniper rifle. It's accuracy seemed pretty ridiculous but I guess we will find out when the game actually comes out. 

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

From what I saw it looked a bit harder than previous MW games.

Level 47

It's never stopped being an exploit.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

At this point the developers choose to keep it in the game so it cannot be considered an exploit.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

sure they can, like kara-throwing in street fighter....its an exploit that they cant get rid of because it messes with the basic foundation of the game somehow.

Level 13

in reply to half-megatron

He wasn't saying it wasn't originally an exploit. He said that since it's been left in the game since MW, it is obviously a design choice and not an exploit.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Not really they just left it in because of all the YT montages it creates which gave them free advertizing.

Level 70

On the PC platform there isn't any aim assist, and quickscoping is still a problem. Why? First of all, it lets players completely circumvent hip spread. Second, it completely circumvents sight sway. Obviously both are there for a reason. I don't blame players for trying to weasel out of these mechanics, but in any case we need to confront the reality that sniper rifles as they currently are just can't be used as intended.

A big part of that is the hectic mess that all maps seem to turn into. The spawns jumble both teams up into a close range clusterf***, and the visual obstructions prevent you from being able to line up a shot until you're in close combat. That being the case, its no wonder that hardly anyone ever gets the chance to actually 'snipe'.

Not only that, but actual 'sniping' means you have to spend time steadying out and lining up a deliberate shot. Staying still for that long, regardless to how many stealth perks you've stacked up, is suicidal. Doesn't help either that hit detection and lag compensation tend to ruin things.

So how will this ever be fixed? First of all, long range combat has to become a reality. That means a great deal of work to the maps and spawn system, lord only knows how long that will take. The sniper rifles themselves should also behave like sniper rifles, once they have the chance to do so in the first place. Again, no telling how many COD games will come out before that happens.

Level 16

Studios