How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

in reply to Mickilla

"The sniper rifles themselves should also behave like sniper rifles.."

This game is an arcade shooter. Not simulation. I hate when I get a hit marker sniping and the enemy just runs up and knifes me like I didn't just fire a .50cal at him. I just think a lot of you aren't good a quickscoping. That's all. I never hated quickscoping because over the years, I've notice that it takes some serious skill to get a legit "one shot one kill" quickscoping instead of just spamming L1, R2 in a general direction. If you don't believe me, you can add me on PS3 and I'll show you what I mean.

Level 1

in reply to AyoDisablingKes2

Finally, someone who understands it. All these people complaining about it have OBVIOUSLY never tried quickscoping in a match vs people using smgs/AR's. Especially after the stupid DSR patch.

Level 4

If a weapon is good at all ranges, it is obviously unbalanced....

Level 2

in reply to StopTheMadness1

StopTheMadness wrote:

If a weapon is good at all ranges, it is obviously unbalanced....

So with your logic an AR is unbalanced because it is good at all ranges.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

AR's are not good at all ranges. They cannot get a kill in one round at all ranges only the SR can and that makes it unbalanced compared to the rest of the guns.

Level 70

in reply to randomness550

Are you saying quickscoping should be removed completely?

Level 1

If the OP isn't saying it, then I will! It is an abuse of a faulty game mechanic and was never intended to be in the game. Quickscoping needs to go!

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to mobius72

It has been a good 4 years and it hasn't been removed, with the exception of BO which the developers ended up apologizing for ruining the snipers all together.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

BO didn't ruin snipers anyone will talent could use them easily and get kills. All BO did was make it harder and less fun for QSrs.

Level 70

in reply to randomness550

Having never QS'ed in my entire life, it really doesn't bother me that other people do.

Not to get too meta here, but my philosophy (and one that carries over to all aspects of life) is that a challenge is an opportunity in disguise. Challenges light a fire in my bones that I can't put out until I overcome it.

One of my all time favorites was from COD4:MW in HCSmiley Frustrated&D. After the game had been out for a few years, the beginning of each round turned into weathering an absolute onslaught of noob tubes. Everyone seemed to run overkill and would fire 4 tubes as fast as they could at the beginning of the map. It was almost hilarious how good people got at it, to where many rounds 5/6 member of a team would be dead within 5 seconds of starting. The game devolved into the quick and the dead.

But, it made me a better and sharper player. And when I learned where to run to the left or the right at the start of the map, I had an advantage over the enemy, as they had spent an attachment on something they had already used. And let me tell you, there is no better feeling than running a suppressed weapon w/ all of the stealth perks on and slowly hunting down all 6 members of the opposite team when you're the only one left on your team.

I could say the same for 3 frags, 2 claymores, heavily defensible positions, camping, drop shotting, etc.... These are all things that people whined about so much and unfortunately many developers listened to them.

Personally, I've always enjoyed being pitted against a superior enemy and being the underdog.

What does that have to do w/ QSing? Well, QSing is a challenge to be usurped. I can't say for sure I know how to do it, but I will figure out a way.

Adapt and overcome, folks. Learn it in a video game and then incorporate it into your life.

Level 8

Studios