How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

in reply to Submit2MyWill

They should just remove auto aim in general.

Level 5

in reply to randomness550

Solving quickscoping:

1: Make the sight appear in a random sway-position, not centered.

2: Make the sniper require a hit to the chest, not arms -- but make the sway SLOW so that snipers have a good chance of hitting WHEN THEY AIM.

AND make sure that bullets hit the best point of entry, preferably by drawing a line back at the sniper from the final location of the bullet, giving the best hit out of those two entrypoints for each enemy in the bullet's path.

3: On high sensitivity settings, have the sight jiggle when moving fast -- that is, let it be completely misaligned with the center of the screen AND pointing in the wrong direction, obscuring the direction the weapon is facing AND what you would be aiming at, for as long as you turn around at super-human speed.

Possibly, make weapons have a max turn speed, the heavier the slower, and have them linger on the side of the screen until the character stops spinning faster than the weapon before it centers.

Apply the above to all weapons, not just snipers.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

I would say make ADS slower, and then get rid of Sway/Breath.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

I would say make ADS slower, and then get rid of Sway/Breath.

This.

If Snipers, had the slowest ADS times, of all weapons + not able to use Quick Draw.... problem solved. If an AR user, cant win that fight... its on them.

Take away the Sway/Breath and the "intended" use of a Sniper.... gets a nice boost.

With OTG, in the game.... Snipers dont need to rush. BO2 Ghost + imbalances, are why Sniping was ridiculous.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

If you get hit in the arm by a .50cal i'm pretty sure you're out of the fight. IDGAF. You deserve to die.

Level 1

in reply to AyoDisablingKes

If you get shot in the head by a 7.62, 6.7, 9mm, .45 or 5.56 -- I'm pretty sure you'd be MORE disabled than if you lost your arm from a .50...

So...

You're arguing that EVERY weapon in the game should kill in one single hit to the head or neck on all ranges??

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

Now this I could grow to like and agree with.

Level 70
Highlighted

Taking off aim assist for snipers would be a bad idea because the reason we have aim assist is because controllers aren't as accurate as a mouse when aiming so this would damage regular sniping as well.

Activision Ambassador

These threads and discussions about quickscoping always tickle me. Reason being that I play on PC and quickscoping is still a thing without any form of aim assist present. As a former console player myself, I know you don't realize how much you need aim assist with a controller, but it is a needed function because analog sticks on a controller are by no means pinpoint accurate. They have things like dead zones, turn acceleration, etc. There is no FPS/TPS on console that doesn't have some form of aim assist enabled by default.

You propose removing one of the most important functions of a shooter on console in terms of accuracy from a gun class, who's defining characteristic is accuracy. Aim assist is not the problem, the problem is the map design of the last 3 COD games and possibly 4 if Ghosts continues the pattern of small tight maps with a severe lack of long sightlines. If the maps were larger and a bit more sniper/long range friendly they could tweak sniper rifles to perform properly. Fact is without quickscoping being present in the last 3 releases sniper rifles would be almost completely pointless.

Level 8

Learn to adapt there is nothing wrong with quickscoping all they need to do is remove aim assist from all guns and keep sticky aim basically making aiming just like CoD4 basically if they stop catering to garbage complainers like you the game will be good.

Level 23

Studios