How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How Infinity Ward should deal with Quickscopers.

in reply to Adam1234567893

wow your ignorant... target assist/aim assist/sticky aim are all the same thing..... and since i heard the news that COD ghost might completely remove Aim assist from the sniper class ive been sniping on BO2 with TargetAssist turned off... sure its a little harder but i still win FFAs with only my sniper,,,, so get rid of  target assist/aim assist/sticky aim whatever you decide to call it doesnt really bother me...i just cant wait to hear all the people complaining on how im not supposed to be able to quickscope them in Ghosts.

Level 9

in reply to derf8966

Way to prove everyone's theory about how quickscopers are 6 year olds who attack anyone who disagrees and okay you are skilled quickscoper I am talking about the unskilled ones who have their aim assist maxed out and do nothing but boost in Search and Destroy to set up trick shots and exploit the spawns to get feeds. Yea and you will scream about how I shouldn't be able to snipe you . Your ignorance shows a lot because if you look at past posts I have been defending quickscopers since the beginning now I am starting to wonder why I even defended them because of people like you.

Level 23

in reply to randomness550

Anyone who supports quickscoping supports an unbalanced game.

Level 2

in reply to StopTheMadness1

How so? 

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Because no singular class should be able to do what the SR does and have no other weapon that can do it as well.

If every weapon could get a osk in cqc then QSing would not be an issue.

Level 70
Highlighted

I say the most useful and lasting solution is to give snipers the opportunity to behave like... snipers. But that means a radical change to the way maps and spawns work. As things have been in the last several COD titles, the maps have completely focused on close combat. Even in large maps, useful shooting positions for ranged combat are few and far between. Most of the open space stays empty, and the few rare positions that actually give a worthwhile vantage point are well-known and have a dozen possible flanking routes. Using these is suicidal. Not to even start on the completely BS spawn system which has no qualms about putting that guy you just killed right behind you. Spawning, the new flanking.

If, hypothetically, those issues were solved then there just wouldn't be the pressing need for snipers to throw themselves into close combat as everyone else does. And if that happened, then whether or not quickscoping is possible becomes irrelevant.

Level 16

From what I've seen of sniping in the Ghosts videos, quickscoping isn't even needed. The time it takes for the scope to reach your view is so fast - in the videos - that's it almost identical to quickscoping. I'm surprised this is still discussed. Has anyone here not seen the videos? Killing with a sniper rifle without looking through the scope makes no sense. Quickscoping never made any sense. As others have said, it was an exploit. People liked it because it requires the thinking of a monkey to pull off. Skill? Give me a break. Learning to ride a bike requires skill.

Personally I've given up on worrying about quickscoping in Ghosts. If the maps are as good as the ones I've seen so far, I'll gladly make the extra effort to stealth my way to campers and snipers for a kill. I play the game for fun. But I also play for challenges. If I want mindless I'll pop in some Mario Brothers game or BO2.

Level 21

Five step fix:

1: Slow down movement speed (relative to character models).

Slow down strafe speed -- strafing is too fast with SMGs and pistols.

Add more view bob when moving

2: Add more sway to non-long range weapons, sway, not recoil, should be used to deter weapon usage outside their effective range.

3: Remove 1 hit kill from shoulders and arms, let the most powerful semi-auto sniper only one hit kill to the chest and head, and let the weaker semi-auto sniper only one hit kill on a headshot.

4: Make larger maps

5: Do not make Quickdraw overpowered like it has been since Modern Warfare 2 where it was a part of Sleight of Hand as the Pro version of that perk: Aiming faster IS killing faster -- and there is no reason to NOT give snipers the SAME quickdraw benefit as SMGs and ARs -- because the perk should be balanced, not mandatory for all ARs, SMGs, LMGs and then banned for snipers, making snipers worse off than the other classes because they don't get the overpowered perk.

I would use it on ALL CLASSES if it reduced my ADS time by 0.05 seconds.

Just to elaborate:

Most often when I get killed and had a chance to win, I have fired back and hit the opponent.

When the opponent would not have survived a single hit, and killed you, you were most often between 0.0167 and 0.0667 seconds away from winning that fight when your opponent was in your sights and you used M8, SWAT556 or Skorpion EVO.

0.03  seconds faster ADS time means that you win more gunfights where you otherwise would have died.

That is powerful.

Level 28

Studios