How Sniping/Quickscoping should be in Ghost.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

How Sniping/Quickscoping should be in Ghost.

TBH I think QS was WAY too easy in MW3. It was a little more difficult in MW2 but not much. In BO2 it was better, but in my opinion still not good. I think ghost should have the snipers like they were in COD4 and BO1. It was perfect in those games because QS'ing actually took SKILL. In MW2 and MW3 the aim assist help you alot so therefore just about anyone could QS. In BO2 the aim assist didnt help but it was just still too easy. In COD 4 and BO1 the aim assist doesnt help at all, you cant really black scope ( therefore you actually need to aim  ) and you had to stand still in order for it to be accurate. If you get a feed or turn on someone qs'ing in BO2 or MW2 or 3 then i dont really feel that special. But doing the same in BO2 and COD 4 actually gives you something to be proud of cuz its difficult and takes skill

Level 4
10 REPLIES

Re: How Sniping/Quickscoping should be in Ghost.

in reply to randomness550

Black Ops 2 sniping is as hard as COD4 sniping in my opinion.  MW2 and MW3 are much easier because they have a perks that decreases ADS time.  That is why quickscoping is so good in those games.

Level 47

Nonexistent.

Level 6

less than 5% of players capabale of QS decently. make it that hard.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

COD4/WAW and BO2 had quickscoping right.

Level 47

They should make it like in Black Ops 1. Not too hard and not too easy.

Level 1

I hope the "old school" snipers get some love from IW this time with some map designs that allow traditional snipers to thrive as much as quickscopers.  Every time a discussion comes up about about snipers it seems to always end up being about quickscoping.  The last couple of games have not been very kind to traditional snipers and I would hope they get more consideration this time around

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

I didn't have a problem with "traditional" sniping in MW2, MW3, and BO2.  I actually could go 2.0K/D+ most games.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I didn't either.  I had a 2.7 KD with the Barrett (which was my best gun at the time) before I started to try out quickscoping and started playing a bit more aggressively (probably TOO aggressively in the beginning).  I just feel like there were a lot of better and more useful sniping positions in MW2.  There are definitely some decent sniping spots in MW3, but much fewer I thought than MW2 (out of the box maps), particularly when it came to elevated points, and I think there are even less in BO2.  MW2 maps weren't nearly as cluttered either.  I'd like to see a bit more of that if possible.

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Ya I think MW2 had the best maps for all playstyles they had flanking routes, open streets, and high sniper locations.  I would like to see similar maps in Ghosts but it probably won't happen.  MW2 sized maps are perfect with a bit of clutter and wide open areas.

Level 47

Studios