How accurate is K/D?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How accurate is K/D?

in reply to TwistorNation

No stat can say any thing about skill.

Players who play mostl with clans have an other skillset than people that play alone
And people that play domination have another skillset than people that play TDM etc.

When I play dom for example I will try to cap and defend the flags. Other people just rush the enemy flag to get kills and die

And when I play kc I'm a tag runner.

And playing TDM I can play slow with a sniper. Not good with sniper so than I will go worse.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

I don't trust anyone with over a 3 K/D. Sure there are those who have it legitimately that high, but it's still incredibly hard to believe. If you have a K/D over 20 you boosted but haven't been caught, Hell if it's over 5 you boosted. To keep a K/D that high you need to average more than 5 kills per death. At that high any extra death exponentially decreases you ratio. Any extra death. Just one more death than you normally have will cut it down quickly. With Ghosts' terrible spawns there's no way he avoids stupid deaths every game. So don't believe in this K/D.

As far a general stat this is a timeless debate. In short, a K/D is what you make of it. It's only as important as you want it to be. Each player has their own perspective on it. I look at my K/D like a barometer; it tells me how I'm doing for that week. If it goes up I'm doing something right. But, if it goes down I need to make some changes. I take it as it is and I don't try to manipulate it. Recently my K/D has been going down. I stop to think why this is. Most of the time it's pretty obvious. I've been playing solo a lot and I'm also playing more DOM than TDM so I'm sticking my neck out there more than usual.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Someone could have a beastly KD thanks to Infected....

Level 31

in reply to Ghamorra

Don't you think people would've been suspicious already? And to be clear, before records can go onto leaderboards, it is confirmed always by Activision whether or not it is a legit K/D Ratio. He did not boost, hack, or lag switch at any given time. He is also prestiged 3 times, which makes this legit. It is hard to believe, sometimes I still think he cheated, but to be fair this is a world record so its not like he's just an everyday person.

And what I think he does is get into a lobby with a bunch of noobs and spawn traps. Those two simple things gave him an advantage to his K/D. Not saying he obtained it like all of us do, but he did not cheat.

You also had me up to the point where you said "almost anyone above a 3 K/D would be a booster." Well, you are saying this to a guy with a 4.781 K/D Ratio, but I don't boost or cheat. My K/D is very hard to keep high, I usually play Domination or Kill Confirmed to keep it like that, but at times if I turn to TDM it does NOT helpbecause of the score limit on it way too low to even keep above a 3.000.

My response to you is that I have a K/D way past a 3, and what you said about 3+ K/D's having to boost for it isn't true. This isn't supposed to be me bragging about my K/D, because to be honest I could care less what my K/D is. I would rather have it be low and still have fun and do good than be high and do bad.

And you may think I play infected a lot, but I will usually only play it if I'm bored. I usually only play Dom and KC, but please don't call someone a booster just because they have a K/D above 3 or 5.

Level 1

TwistorNation wrote:

Don't you think people would've been suspicious already? And to be clear, before records can go onto leaderboards, it is confirmed always by Activision whether or not it is a legit K/D Ratio. He did not boost, hack, or lag switch at any given time. He is also prestiged 3 times, which makes this legit.

And with this stupid statement you've lost all credibility.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Don't know what that is supposed to mean but okay.

Level 1

The leader boards do not work that way. The stats are auto updated. No person is involved with how the leader boards work except when they are trying to clear off false stats, which is not always. There is no verification by IW/MS/Activision before they are placed there.

Level 70

people play domination yet dont cap

they get an EXCELLENT RETURN on KD

they cannot get this on TDM?!

ATTEMPTED CAPS should be added in that instance & game XP related

i have a reasonable W/L but bad KD cos i play domination & generally in pub lobbies you will get the cretin that plays for Kd cos hes showin off to his m8s,so me n my 2 m8s do all the work & they get the KD

i have a little more in my life than a poxy KD lol

Level 13

in reply to Doctorpsylus

But that poxy k/d is the be all and end all in this game series to just about everyone, and every clan. If you ever look in clan recruitments, most want a positive or high k/d very few ever mention w/l or playing the objective.

Level 70

to me, agree with the one who said it depends on game-mode and teammates, but i believe it's nevertheless somehow an indicator of a players skill, as it shows how you handle or doing in game...but with the possibility to "save" a good k/d by out-logging from psn, when game isn't best, it's also pretty difficult and hard to say if the k/d is true or faked....alone in my friends-list i see people playing ghosts and going on/off all the time to manipulate their k/d, logging out when game is obviously bad for them and the bad game then doesn't affect the k/d ...sure, a good player wouldn't need to do it often, but you never can be sure if everyone is honest enough to accept a 2-30 for example ,)

my k/d is pretty well for me, and also not fake...but with a little manipulation it would be much higher too, as there were games i simply accepted when i got my butt kicked^^

another thing is also the terrible spawn-system, as i believe with it, being the worst enemy of all, also hard to say, as me for example, got killed 19 times without moving one feet at warhawk once in a game :/

Level 6

Studios