How accurate is K/D?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How accurate is K/D?

in reply to L30NDR4G0N

p.s. about the k/d 20 guy, i wonder how he managed to escape the bad-spawn-system-killer...or maybe he and him are one and the same person^^

Level 6

in reply to TwistorNation

TwistorNation wrote:

The highest K/D on record broken by XxBonavaxX13 had an amazing K/D. 21.83! Thats well over what can be believed.

And I sure hope you don't believe it.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I know for it would mean they go either 21/0 every match.. or 22/1 every match.. and with how spawns were, lag, the under map glitches. I seriously doubt it is legit.

Level 70

i think kd is a good indicator of whether or not you are a good player, but does not necessarily mean you are a good player. it is the most useful stat that is displayed on the cod screen.

example of a hypothetical player that i would not want on my team: Player A gets 2 kills per game on average. after 10 games player A experiences one death on average. this is a 20kd player, but he only contributes 2 kills toward the goal of 75 in a tdm game mode.

example of a hypothetical player i would want on my team: Player B gets 20 kills per game on average. Experiences 10 deaths per game on average. This player only has a kd of 2.0, but contributes 20 kills while only costing his team 10 kills.

Player B would be much more valuable to me when it comes to winning a game of tdm. i would say for tdm a kill differential per game is a more accurate stat. player A would have a kill differential per game of 2, and player b would have a kill differential per game of 10. ((number of kills-number of deaths)/number of games) = kill differential per game.

Level 9

Well I rather like the W/L ratio, I like to win, not to dominate the match. In TDM as example I'm getting good K/D ratios usually, in SnD or Blitz i'm usually getting a 1.x or higher ratio.

It's a good feeling winning a match against some 2k/d players.

Level 2

Your premise is off:

TwistorNation wrote:

But, how can it determine skill?

This is the problem right there:

1 - why should one be trying to show skill

2 - why should one be trying to determine skill

3 - wait for it...

Why do people think there is such a thing as "skill" in a video game?

Sure some people are better at playing the game than others, and yes the best of the best can make money doing so... but if said skill cannot be applied to real life endeavors, said skill is fundamentally useless.

The next comment is not meant as a direct insult to anyone, but think about it for a moment: If your greatest demonstration of your prowess is playing a video game... it is time to grow up get one's priorities straight (this comment is obviously not inttended for someone who has not reached an age that can get a f****ing job*!)

/rant (please appreciate the level of seriousness, and sarcasm, for what it is)

* even one who is disabled can do stuff to help someone else, even if only at home.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

i believe there is a truth to KD it does tell players how well that player with a  high KD can kill and stay alive, which is the point of it. it doesnt mean they win all the time, or have bad games. so no i dont feel its a deciding factor on how good a player is.. if i saw 23.whatever KD i would think first MOD.. there is no way someone can stay alive to get 23kills before they die on average consistently.. not with all the b.s. in the game

i am a few good games away from 5.0 kd and it isnt easy to achieve, so a 23kd? no not buying it

Level 8

I have a horrendous KD, last time I checked it was .75 lol yeah terrible. However I play a lot of blitz and always play the objective, I average over 6 caps per game and my ranking is around 3300. If you judged me by my kd you would think I was a terrible player.

Level 5

in reply to Squarefodder

* slow clap *

If I judged by KD, I agree I would not want to play with you.

If I was building a team of Blitz players, you would be at the top of the picks.

Which is more important? Some have this backwards.

Bravo to you.

Activision Ambassador

Thanks for the compliments Rlbl and Bielsalmighty! My cap average would be higher if I wasn't playing with randoms so often, Im in a clan but they aren't always online when I am thats just the nature of life I guess. I run an FP6 (gold ) fore grip and muzzle break along with a throwing knife Perks: light weight, marathon, blast shield, dead silence, ready up, and takedown.

The idea here is ohk weapons, stealth & speed . Since your rushing and silent you will get very close to people, the fp6 is almost always ohk up close. The knife is a great silent ohk. Blast shield defends you from all the explosives around the goal/ objective. ready up is super important with the shotty as your hip firing frequently. Takedown is recommended because you don't want the enemy to know where your doing your dirty work. I also use a headset.

there is a lot more too it also like flank routes & tactics etc.

If Im on a team that communicates and has structure then everyone gets what they want. Loads of kills and killstreaks for the defensive/mid players, a win, and whoever runs with me will certainly get caps too as I am willing to be a decoy for the team so we can all have fun.

This especially runs true after halftime and makes for an awesome second half. Lets say we are ahead by a long shot, then the only way for the opposition to win is to score, that means many players loosing their cool and rushing our goal that = kills.

Often ill take it to 15 caps and my teammates just beast on opposing team so the "killers" can have their fun

I'm always looking to run with people so feel free to add me as a friend to your ps4 account. My name is the same 'squarefodder'

Level 5

Studios