How accurate is K/D?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How accurate is K/D?

in reply to Squarefodder

No smoke grenades? I love em when running in Blitz, got a 5.44 CPG despite having to battle my mates for caps every time we play Blitz. Chuck a couple of smokes at the enemies portal area and if you dont benefit from the cover, a teammate will. Just be aware most peoples response to this is to try and portal-block...

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I find a lot of players portal blocking so the smoke can be an issue, it also lets the enemy know you've arrived. We should run together, with a good defense behind us we can win often.

i forgot to mention i run support streaks: maaws nightowl and oracle. sometimes i get trophy kills from the night owl!!

Level 5

in reply to Squarefodder

I'm always ready to shoot at the portal, portal blocks tend not to work against me added to that I make sure the smoke covers my approach as well as the portal. They know I'm there, but they dont know WHERE

Level 31

in reply to Squarefodder

Over 6 CPG? Daaaayum, thats sweet as!!

Level 31

in reply to TwistorNation

'How accurate is K/D

In terms of mathematics its accurate because its simply a calculation of what the game records in terms of kills over death. Its accurate.

In terms of the quality of a player, well sure. Most who have a high KD are noticeably better than the ones who have a lower one.

But, how can it determine skill?

You can only determine yours first. When you deal with a very good player you know it, when you party and play with another who is good you know it. When you deal with a poor player you know it, when they are on your team you know. Whats to determine? The way we each play speaks plenty to how "skilled" we are.

Is somebody who camps that has the same score as somebody who rushed just as skilled?

Your asking the wrong questions, its not about camping or rushing or jumping or ducking or proning, in TDM as you said its about more kills over deaths. PERIOD nothing more nothing less.

So, if you think about, K/D can only matter if it has SPM and W/L as a backup. Let me know what your opinions on this is, and thanks for reading.

I liked the SPM from BO2 because it involves more than just wins/loses kills/deaths it was a decent indicator of what someone did in a game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to TwistorNation

Ugh. Another kdr thread.

Is there any way we can limit these to 1 per hour?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Cant think of a way to limit the number of threads involving kdr. I would like to propose a new solution. We could create multiple duplicates of all other threads to dilute the percentage of threads devoted to kdr. Or random threads with weird subjects like "who is better at call of duty, Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck and why."

Level 9

Studios