How is everyone liking both of the Mavericks?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

How is everyone liking both of the Mavericks?

Now that the Onslaught dlc is available for all consoles, I was wondering what everybody's opinion of both the Maverick AR and Maverick sniper rifle is. Also what setup do you use for it (attachments, perks etc)?

I'm liking the AR Maverick now that I have gotten the 150 kills with no attachments out of the way, ugh that was hell. The sniper version of the Maverick, not so much. I might just need more time to get used to it on larger maps first, but as of now I'll stick with my USR.

Level 6
14 REPLIES

Re: How is everyone liking both of the Mavericks?

in reply to Bandsaw

I love the maverick AR but like you not so much the sniper prefer lynix or L115

Level 1

in reply to Bandsaw

Both are well rounded dlc weapons. IMO

Level 8

in reply to Bandsaw

AR good, Sniper bad. New Sniper means more people want to use it. Snipers are the worst.. TDM snipers are my only real complaint though. Already a campfest without giving people a new gun as incentive to camp.

Level 8

in reply to WilliamCL57

I don't think I have ever seen the sniper version being used in a tdm. I haven't played any other modes since getting the dlc though.

Level 6

in reply to Bandsaw

The Maverick assult rifle is pretty much the only AR I use any more.  It has about the same ROF, recoil and damage as an LMG.  I use it when I want a support fire weapon with a little more mobility and better handling than an LMG.  I run it with extended mags and the shotgun attachment since its slow rate of fire can be a liability in close range.

The maverick sniper rifle is fun to screw around with. If you like the default scope or variable zoom it offers some advanages over the other rifles in it's class because it has a bigger viewing area and highlights targets.  I would recomend avoiding chrome lined on it because it increases the recoil to the point where it is almost impossible to follow up a shot at range.   If you want to run it with either the ACOG or Thermal sight I would give the weapon a miss. The VKS has the same one hit kill area without the chrome barrel, is silenenced and has 2 more rounds in the clip. It's a niche weapon, but certainly a viable one. 

Level 10

in reply to Bandsaw

Both of them are decent if you know what you're doing, but unlike the miniscule amount of people who say otherwise, are not OP (people initially cried MUCH more about the A2 solely due to the integrated Tracker Sight, yet I've hardly seen it used now that's out).

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

I also can't believe that people are saying that the Maverick is OP. It took me ages to get those 150 kills with no attachments, If the gun was OP, I would have had it done in no time at all.

Level 6

in reply to Bandsaw

Both are outstanding weapons. Enjoying using both, and am glad to see they are balanced fairly in comparison with the other weapons in their class.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Bandsaw

I cant snipe worth a crap, I mean if I have the patience and the idiot is standing right in front of me I have a chance, I will snipe on certain maps only but I guess that is common sense?

Level 2

Studios