I don't know what to do....

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

I don't know what to do....

Was playing last night in Whiteout, and although there was some trouble with the servers, something happened that I am unsure of and I do not want to get in trouble. I was in one of the trenches headed towards the helicopter, and I seen my enemy above me, well, I went to shoot at him as he was jumping, and he just froze! I did not get the kill, someone else did but I dont want to get in trouble for lag switching or something when I just looked up and shot at him. Can they tell that I didnt do anything? That I was just an innocent bystander who just so happened to look up and shoot at the same time (maybe) someone lagged him?

Level 6
5 REPLIES

Re: I don't know what to do....

in reply to Lady_Bathory

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

It is quite possible that his own internet was lagging and you just caught him in a moment when he was freezing up.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Nope, nothing to hide. I wouldn't even know where to begin even if I wanted to cheat lol.I like playing the right way, even if I do suck at the game.

Level 6

in reply to Lady_Bathory

The only thing I would recommend is that if you ever get into a lobby where things don't seem right (Players moving unusually fast or have abilities they shouldn't have, enemies showing up as friendlies, etc), leave the lobby quickly. Playing in a modded lobby can get you banned.

But things like you experienced is more likely a lag issue, or one player possibly using a switch. You shouldn't have any problems.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I agree with Drew, just looks like lag. But also as Drew said, always leave a modded/hacked/whatever you want to call it lobby. It can get you banned without warning; we see it on the forums with people saying, "I got banned for no reason!". If you stay, its just a risk, and you will also have a bad experience as well.

Level 43

in reply to Lady_Bathory

I see that frequently, it's nothing more than lag. Best thing is to try another lobby without such a bad connection to the host.

Level 23

Studios