I have a good feeling!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I have a good feeling!

in reply to MuscledRMH

I am not letting my feelings get up nor are they going down until I have played the game. Not letting my hopes or expectations to rise and then have them deflated because it was not as anticipated. Matters not what is said by them.. the proof will be in the pudding (actual game play).

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

I am not letting my feelings get up nor are they going down until I have played the game. Not letting my hopes or expectations to rise and then have them deflated because it was not as anticipated. Matters not what is said by them.. the proof will be in the pudding (actual game play).

You're right. I guess my wishful thinking is getting the best of me. LOL

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

A lot of people are doing it and may either be happy with what they get or disjointed when it was not as much as they wanted. Easier to take the non approach and wait to judge when the game is actually out and played.

Level 70

Ya, I'm excited but trying to keep my expectations grounded. If this is a better game than MW3 I'll probably be happy with it. I think the reason Activision hasn't released as much info this year as the 2 previous releases is to keep players from getting themselves too hyped up and setting themselves up for disappointment, maybe not. You're right though we won't know until we get our hands on it.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

My expectations are quite high, for once, but even if I am disappointed I will still play in for at least a couple of months.  At this point I can see Titanfall being overhyped and it turning out to be "terrible".

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

It's possible but man, it seems like everybody that played Titanfall at the expos just came away with nothing but good things to say about the gameplay. It could very well be overhyped but it could also be the next big evolution in the FPS genre. Guess we'll know in March of next year though.

Level 8

in reply to iivrruummii

I really hope not. The problem is they usually turn out that way. Time will tell I suppose.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to iivrruummii

Same as with BF4 or Halo5 or Destiny. Any one of them or all of them could turn out to be terrible at launch.

Level 70

This is true, I think people these days are overly pessimistic when it comes to games that get massive amount of hype pre-release.  Titanfall is definitely the game with the most pre-release hype I have seen in a long, long time. I think that is why it was used as an example by iivruummii

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to MrAdaptability

I don't know if I would call it pessimism or just being cautious. I think older players are just tired of game developers and online reviews trying to say the game is so great when it turns out not to be. Where as the optimistic crowd or newer younger players have not yet encountered this problem enough to be wary yet of promises made and than broken by the developers.

Level 70

Studios