I have a good feeling!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I have a good feeling!

in reply to trialstardragon

That's a very good point and I agree with the outlook to an extent. The major gaming news/review/blog outlets are really just not trustworthy these days IMO. They go with the wind so to speak. IGN for example will give COD games shining reviews on release then 2-3 months later post an article about how COD needs to change or COD is stale. So I get that caution, however in Titanfall's case it's not just marketing/media hype. If you talk to just the everyday people who played the game at the expos or read about their experience and opinion of the game it is almost always a sterling review.

But with things like that time will tell, I think a lot of times pre-release hype brings gamers expectations of games way too high. Some games get built up to this almost legendary status before release and too often can't live up to that. So even if a game is good but not legendary people will say it sucks or was a big disappointment because they let the hype pump their expectations sky high.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

I can agree with this for it is very much true. People blindly listen to the hype expect the game to be out of this world in game play. get it.. play it.. find its not so different from other games. say it sucks because of so. Which is why I tend and prefer to go the neutral route. I wait to decide until I have played it myself. A friend may say it sucks and to them it might; but I may like it. They may on the flip side say its the best game ever and to me it will suck. So reviews by anyone really have no bearing for me on if I will like a game or not.

If not sure enough, I will wait and rent it before buying to decide if liked enough to actually buy.

Level 70
Highlighted

Ya, that's the thing I miss the most about gaming on console, renting games. These days on PC if I'm not sure on a game release I will wait for it to go on sale before I grab it. I agree though you can't rely on reviews because everyone is going to have different expectations, experiences, etc. Gaming is such a hands on experience the only thing I look for in reviews are any technical issues a game may or may not have, which again can easily vary from player to player.

Level 8

Having been so conditioned to BLOPS and BLOPS II, just about anything will be an upgrade for me!

Level 8

trialstardragon wrote:

I am not letting my feelings get up nor are they going down until I have played the game. Not letting my hopes or expectations to rise and then have them deflated because it was not as anticipated. Matters not what is said by them.. the proof will be in the pudding (actual game play).

100% truth! its when the game is out which is what counts!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to MuscledRMH

Good post, I hope as well that all these things they have learned from previous games makes each better! Looks like so far.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios