I have a worry - insta deaths.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I have a worry - insta deaths.

in reply to lewdmouth

lewdmouth wrote:

Sounds like the devs did nothing to fix the engine lag.

Engine lag? What does this even mean?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

game built in lag, BO,MW3, and BO2 laged even on local, you could abuse it to run around circles around vet bots as they unload entire clips.

Level 22

in reply to lewdmouth

lewdmouth wrote:

It also means that getting killed by players that magically appear from around corners shooting you before you even see them is still going to be there, maybe even worse than before. Not to mention dying a half second after reaching cover.  Glad I didn't preorder.

I've had this happen more then once. Today I finished off an enemy, and suddenly I died. Shocked by (another) insta-death I watched the Killcam, and it showed the guy who killed me standing right in front of me. I know the Killcam isn't always accurate. But, the fact still remains, the guy who killed me was NOT standing in front of me when I died. He ONLY showed up in the Killcam, not during actual gameplay.

This is all leading back to lag. Lag is still the number one problem with COD. And it has yet to be addressed seriously. Only when COD is always on dedicated servers will we see "manageable" lag. Lag that doesn't lead to insta-deaths, etc. Anyone playing other games on dedicated servers know this is factual.

Time to grow up to dedicated servers. The sooner the better.

Level 20

in reply to RunAndGun1

Or they should put MW3's strict region lock back into the game cause these do not even feel like listen servers I keep getting put in matches with people across the country.

Level 23

in reply to Fedinggus

thats what hardcore is for.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

Looks like I'll be playing HC again. I played it exclusively in BO2 because the horrible lag and insta deaths made Core to frustrating to play.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

One question... if they start selling HC modes as microtrasnsaction items, will you buy them?

Level 35

in reply to biron_w

I've noticed the exact same thing, very quick death with what seems to be hardcore type game play yet there is a map. We shall see what happens next week.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to biron_w

So this problem is real.

I've only played against bots so far and you have little to no warning you're being shot at before you die.

No idea why this happens in COD now. I think it may be due to them switching from client side hit detection to sever side hit detection(or vice versa) I'm pretty sure I read it was one of these up to MW2 but then they changed it from BO1 onwards.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

The client or server side hit detection would not have an effect on you playing bots. If you are getting insta-killed by bots, it is a game engine issue.

Level 19

Studios